Thursday, July 08, 2010

In Heat


When it's stinkin' hot outside, it is hard to think. It is hard to exercise. It is even hard to eat (unless we're talking ice cream). And today, it is *HOT* outside. When I woke up, I was already sweating; that's not a good sign. I'm pretty certain that the temperatures have been steadily rising since that 7:00 a.m. wake-up time.

In blind optimism, I had secretly hoped that this glorious city would have its coolest summer on record this year. I don't mind overcast skies and rain; umbrellas and jackets do the trick just fine, and I find that loomy gloomy gray weather somewhat romantic. However, when it gets brutally hot and our home transforms into a human greenhouse, there is no way to cool down save for standing in a cold shower the entire day. I can remove clothes, blast fans and A/C units, and pull down the blinds, but when that's not even enough, I have no other means of relief from the searing heat.

The forecast is calling for more days like this one, at least for the next week. I hope the forecast is wrong, or else the world will have one seriously grumpy Mrs Loquacious on their hands for the summer.

1 comments:

Sharon said...

You could go sit in a mall...! :) Or a starbucks...! :)