Wednesday, July 14, 2010

iAddicted


I have discovered the joy of downloading new apps and games for my iPhone, so much so that I am using up the phone's battery life on a *daily* basis. The first step is admitting you have a problem, so here I am. Guilty as charged.

The games I have been particularly drawn to are Pop Stars, Bejeweled, Tiki Towers, Words with Friends (which I play with Hubbs), and Angry Birds.

However, I've self-imposed some rules that keep some of my addiction under control. First of all, I have an app for the Bible on the phone, and I must do my daily Scripture reading (on the phone) before I can begin playing. Secondly, I must also use my *other* apps (e.g. food diary, weather check) so that I can maximize my phone's functionality rather than use it exclusively as a call-capable game system.

Hubbs tried to impose a third rule - no iPhone playing in bed - but so far, I have not complied.

Hubbs has his PS3 as a weakness, and I fear now that I have mine as well. I keep telling myself that I can quit whenever I want, and that I *will* quit once the summer is over and I'm back in the classroom, but who am I kidding? Once hooked, always hooked.

Long live my iPhone battery! :D




PS - The above cover is almost identical to the soft plastic cover I bought for my iPhone. Mine is only a smidge more purple than this one, but the design is identical. When I hit up the Night Market again on the weekend, I might also pick up a second case. Just because. ;)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

with the games you listed i think you would also like peggle. its awesome.

Mrs. Loquacious said...

I will definitely check it out. Thanks for the tip Natalie!