Saturday, April 24, 2010

Proverbs 5:18

May your fountain be blessed,
and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.

Jesus, the Bridegroom, is relentless in His pursuit of His bride, the Church. He does not grow weary, He does not give up. He loves His bride as much today as ever, in spite of her faults.

Why then does a man cease to pursue and adore the wife of his youth? Why are some guys not fighting for their marriage? Why do they no longer rejoice in the woman that has walked alongside them, for better and for worse? Why is the covenant no longer sacred, and the promises no longer kept?

You cover the LORD’s altar with tears, with weeping and groaning
because he no longer regards the offering or accepts it with favor
from your hand. But you say, "Why does he not?"
Because the LORD was witness between you and the wife of your youth,
to whom you have been faithless, though she is your companion
and your wife by covenant. Did he not make them one,
with a portion of the Spirit in their union?
And what was the one God seeking? Godly offspring.
So guard yourselves in your spirit,
and let none of you be faithless to the wife of your youth.
Malachi 2:13-15

Men of faith, rise up! Fight the good fight for your wife and your marriage! Do not grow weary, and do not cease to persevere! May your fountain be blessed AS you rejoice in the bride of your youth!




** I praise God that He has brought me into covenant with a man who walks with integrity and who seeks after God's heart. Day after day, Hubbs models the grace and patience and love of Jesus to me, and lavishes me with affection. My cup overflows, and I feel every bit as cherished and adored as when we first made our covenant to each other. I am blessed, but fear I am in the minority. May that not be so.


1 comments:

~Rain``` said...

Great post! I too am disgusted with the cases of infidelity that I have witnessed in the lives of people I know. Praise God that we both have husbands of integrity. May God continue to bless your marriage.