Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sniff My Ride




We've had our baby, our '08 Accord EX-L V6, for nearly a year now. I still remember when I first sat inside the car, marveling at the leather interior and the steering wheel that I could adjust. I still recall trying to figure out the many buttons on the dash, and the nifty little compartments that come standard on most cars these days but were a novel thing to me. Most of all, I still remember the smell. You know the smell. It's the smell of a new car.

Oh, how I love that smell!

Unfortunately, they really don't sell that scent in a bottle that you can stick on the dash. The ones that are available on the market are quite repugnant, and in no way comparable to the scent of new plastic and leather and upholstering.

Thankfully, my honeymoon period with my car isn't yet over. Because we drive it so rarely (less than 7000 km in nearly a year of ownership), I can still smell the new car smell sometimes when we climb into the car. As I sit down behind the wheel, I still get giddy at the thought of all of the controls and buttons at my disposal. I still marvel at the luxuries afforded by the car. It's all still novel to me.

I hope this feeling never ends. :)



2 comments:

karen said...

Well, take solace in knowing that new car smell is a bunch of chemicals that aren't good for you anyway.

tejanamama said...

I feel the same way about my little car. LOVE my VW!! It didn't have the leather (or I might have tried to live in it), but it is ALLLLL MINE :) I make the payments and its in my name. MY FIRST and only ever car. Took me long enough, huh? It has a dent (I accidentally made--tiny and only I know its there), and a few issues inside now (having a kid and all), but it is still a haven! I love driving it (speedy lil devil)!