Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thirty - Twosday Meme

Well, I finally got a real meme, and not the kind I have to look for online to blog about. Thanks Rain! :)

32 Random Questions for your reading pleasure:

1. What is your occupation right now?
Teacher

2. What colour are your socks right now?
Skin.

3. What are you listening to right now?
The hum of the fan, the sound of the washer and dryer running full loads, and the voice of Hubbs on the phone in another room

4. What was the last thing that you ate?
Lasagna - the frozen entree variety.

5. Can you drive a stick shift?
Can you fly? Same answer ;)

6. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
The receptionist at the dentist's office.

7. Do you like the person who sent this to you?
This is a dishonest question. Obviously it was sent by a friend, and if it wasn't, I'd still feel obliged to say that I like him/her even if I secretly didn't. In this case, yes, of course I like her! But the question sucks.

8. How old are you today?
Old enough to know better than to answer this question.

9. What is your favourite sport to watch on TV?
I do not enjoy watching sports on TV unless it's Olympic coverage, in which case I like all of the sports.

10. What is your favourite drink?
A Lava Flow (a strawberry colada with free-poured amounts of liquor)

11. Have you ever dyed your hair?
Never.

12. Favourite food?
My dad's cooking, probably.

13. What is the last movie you watched?
Up! But after tonight, it will be Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

14. Favourite day of the year?
Christmas, followed closely by my birthday, Hubbs & my anniversary, Easter Sunday, New Year's Day, Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, Canada Day, Hallowe'en, and several others. These are not listed in any particular order, BTW. They're all tied for second place ;)

15. How do you vent anger?
I cry. Hubbs would say that I yell. I think I just naturally talk loud, though, so to me, it's not yelling.

16.What was your favourite toy as a child?
Hard to say. We really loved our three kid chairs and the blanket and pillows in the family room. Those few toys gave us endless hours of entertainment.

17. What is your favourite season?
Autumn

18. Cherries or Blueberries?
Rainier cherries

19. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back?
No, but feel free to blog it.

20. Who is the most likely to respond?
Nobody ;)

21. Who is least likely to respond?
Anyone who reads this blog. You guys aren't meme-lovers, I gather ;)

22. Living arrangements?
Debt-free renters in a 2-bedroom, 1.5 bath apartment in Coal Harbour

23. When was the last time you cried?
Yesterday. Don't ask. ;) (and no, it doesn't concern my Hubbs at all).

24. What is on the floor of your closet?
Which one? Dresser, giveaway clothes, laundry hamper, and another clothing shelf.

25. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending to?
I'm not sending it to anyone, but my most longtime friend who I know to read this blog is probably Angela :) Oh, and Lindi (presuming she's reading the blog today but I doubt it since she just had her baby girl - Congratulations Lindi!! Welcome to life, Annika!).

26. What did you do last night?
Grocery shopping, and spent the night with Hubbs.

27. What are you most afraid of****?
Bug infestations, weird cluster rashes (and weird clusters in general), and clowns

28. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburger?
My special bison burgers are spicy *and* cheesy. :)

29. Favourite dog breed?
Probably Shih-tzus, chow-chows, and the many varieties of cute teapot terriers

30. Favourite day of the week?
Fridays or Saturdays. It's the anticipation of having an entire weekend off that thrills me, I think.

31. How many countries have you lived in?
Only 2.

32. Diamonds or pearls?
Bring on the bling. I like 'em clear and shiny and colourless and big!


4 comments:

Angela said...

WOOHOO! I made the blog without mention of ugly troll dolls! (oh wait, guess I just mentioned the unmentionable:))

~Rain``` said...

I agree with you. Question 7 sucks! What else is someone supposed to say? But, thanks for the affirmation.

tejanamama said...

I cannot watch all olympic coverage. Some sports just DO NOT do it for me! some seem like they shouldn't even be SPORTS! ;) But in general I have been known to enjoy olympic coverage, especially of the summer sports!

I don't think I've ever blogged a meme before. I don't know what it memeans ;) But I may one day!

Mrs. Loquacious said...

@Ang - This time my reference was to you, not to some action that has long been water under the bridge! ;)

@Rain - I think those questions are ego-stroking, fishing questions meant more to kiss butt than anything else. Much as I am an achiever, I hate butt-kissing and refuse to do it.

@Tejanamama - Blog posting memes is a fun and easy way to post something. I do it b/c it's brainless but fun.

And I should qualify that yeah, some Olympic "sports" aren't that fun to watch, like boxing. I hate boxing so even if it's at the Olympics, I refuse to watch guys punch each other's lights out.