Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Change is the Only Constant (Aside from God)


As you can see, the blog layout has changed again. This was not really my choice. I was going to go and clean the bathroom.

However, much to my dismay, upon publishing the last post I discovered that the template I was using, the one that was free from a blogger template site, contained a PhotoBucket image that was apparently exceeding its bandwidth. I have no idea what that means in real people terms, but to me it meant that my beautiful layout became this ugly wallpaper of PhotoBucket warnings. In my panicked state (thinking maybe it was a clipart image I had liberally "borrowed,") I went wild deleting cutesy clipart images from my last few posts.

It didn't work.

Finally, I looked at the code for the template, and lo and behold, I saw the tell-tale PhotoBucket text in the HTML. I had to quickly do a template swap and replace, just so that I could get rid of the oogly warnings all over my beloved blog.

So, you like? I think that this is a lovely template; hopefully it has lots of bandwidth or whatever it needs to stay intact. I particularly am enamoured with the cityscape scene of this template, and since I live in a big urban city now, I guess it's appropos.

Point is, the change was not my choice, but in the end it probably worked out for good. My toilet, however, is still dirty. Boo-ray for that.

On the upside, though - I can say that I did accomplish something today ;)

6 comments:

~Rain``` said...

I really like it!

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Aww...thanks Rain! :) I am not keen on the purple background to my posts, but that doesn't seem to be changeable (at least, not with my limited HTML abilities).

Otherwise, I'm happy with the 2-column format even though I miss my other layout.

Hubbs said...

I do too, actually. Lots better! We can change the purple background when I get back!!

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Aww...I love you Hubbs! :) And I look forward to you coming home...and changing the purple. The more I look at it, the more I want it to be white (or slightly off-white).

tejanamama said...

i actually like the purple :) LOL

Mrs. Loquacious said...

If you like the purple, wait til you see it in white! ;) You'll love it, Tejanamama!