Friday, May 22, 2009

Oily Clean! and Smooth as Buttah...

My new ritual before bed is to rub my entire face with oil.  Seriously.  I read about it when I was looking for a new facial cleanser, and after my curiosity was adequately piqued, I headed to my favourite new store (Shoppers Drug Mart Beauty Boutique) to try it out. 

Turns out, if you use the proper kinds of oil, they work really well to pick up the dirt from your face, as well as melt the make-up off.  Then, when you add a bit of water to the rubbed-on oil, it emulsifies and brings the dirty stuff to the surface.  Once you rinse with water, all of your make-up is off, and you end up with this soft skin that hasn't been stripped of its natural oils.

One step! Now I don't even need a separate eye-makeup remover anymore.  I just use the oil.  My product-of-choice is Lancome's Huile Douceur; it has been super gentle on my eyes (which have been itchy and sensitive due to allergies lately), and also incredibly good for my skin, which feels softer now than before (even Hubbs has noticed this).  

Another item that works some serious illusory magic is Clarins' Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch.  It boasts the ability to instantly reduce the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles, and dilated pores.  I was of course skeptical about its claims, and know that pores cannot really be reduced in size.  However, I got this as part of a "bonus" with my new mascara, so I thought I'd give it a go.

It was indeed magical.  The pores beside my nose and on my schnoz, which are the largest on my face, instantly looked smaller upon application.  Wanting to experiment a bit more, I decided to make Hubbs my guinea pig, and applied the cream on his pores too.  I watched with amazement as the pores beside his nose seemed to disappear, while the other pores on his honker also seemed to shrink a little (not as much though, since those are rather large pores - sorry Hubbs! - that will take some serious microdermabrasion to sand down).  Still, it took me by surprise to see that this little cream did such a big job of making our skin smoother...smooth as butter, even! 

So now you know where all of my frivolous spending has been going.  To be completely honest, however, I did go during a promo so I got a free Lancome swag bag of stuff (justifying some of the cost), and the Clarins mascara also came with 2 free mini-products, plus I collected some good Optimum points to boot.  I would never buy if there wasn't a freebie or bonus attached; I'm just that cheap.

For the amount of product I've been pushing on here lately, you'd think someone would send me some free stuff to advertise for them! Sheesh...but hey, if it's good, I like to share, and everyone who knows me knows that I've been representing my fave things, like Advil, pro bono for the last decade.  :)  It's just in me to give ;)




0 comments: