Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Halo and Cookies


Sometimes topics just don't segue properly, and this is one of those times. ;)  Two things I recently discovered to be awesome are:

1) Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder Mineral Make-up
and 2) 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies.

The first - HALO - is my newest mineral make-up discovery.  I am still a big Pur Minerals fan, and its lightweight coverage is all that I need, most of the time.  However, for those days when my colouring is a bit rough, or when I have circles under my eyes and need a little more *correction,* I've been turning to Smashbox's Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder.  It's a costly powder, to be sure (nearly twice as much as the entire Pur Minerals starter kit for just one powder), but it contains pure gold, it has hydrating properties, it fills in fine lines, and it offers mondo coverage.  It's also not messy, since it has a built in "shaver" that you turn to dispense the amount of powder that you want.  No waste!  

I love how even my skin looks after I've applied Halo, and it also feels lightweight (though perhaps not quite as light as the Pur).  If I use the Light Photo Finish primer by Smashbox before this powder, it makes applying the powder even easier, and the result is a totally smooth complexion.  The last few times I've used Halo, Hubbs has commented on how beautiful I look.  I'm pretty sure it's the powder ;)

The second - 3-Ingredient, Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies.  These things are the tastiest and easiest cookies I've ever baked.  How easy is it?  Let's see:

1) Preheat oven to 350F.
2) Mix in 1 cup of PB, 1 cup of sugar (or 1/2 cup of Splenda brown sugar), and 1 egg.
3) Shape dough into cookies and make a fancy forking pattern through the middle of each cookie.
4) Bake for 8-10 min. on a parchment lined tray.
5) Cool on tray for another 5-7 minutes, then cool on a rack.

I made these cookies in record time, and they are soft and sweet and so tasty (especially with a nice cold glass of milk).  Hubbs & I tried these cookies a few weeks ago at small group, and the other day I saw a TV segment of someone making the very same cookies.  It wasn't hard to memorize the recipe and convince me to give it a go.  The results? Delicious.

Anyway, those are my two new favourite things for now.  If/when I discover more goodies, I'll let you know. :)


0 comments: