Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Random Meme Time!




You know I love these things, narcissist that I am.  Here's one from my friend Kate in HK.  I am still recovering from this freakin' illness so mindless Q & A is completely my style at the moment:

1) What is your salad dressing of choice?
My own concoction, inspired by my in-laws' own concoction, that uses only honey, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil.  Yum!

2) What is your favorite sit-down restaurant?
In E-town it's either Hardware Grill or Wasabi.  In Van, we have several favourites, but I think right now Paul's Omelettry is in top spot.

3) What food could you eat for 2 weeks straight and not get sick of it?
Sushi - I was just telling Hubbs this very thing.  I could choose between makis, temakis, nigiri, and sashimi, not to mention the chirashi bowls.  Those items alone could last me a month. ;)

4) What are your pizza toppings of choice?
Pine nuts, pesto, finely chopped roasted chicken and bacon, asiago or mozza or a similar white cheese, and shredded spinach.  Few make it right though.

5) What do you like to put on your toast?
Berry jam and butter

6) How many televisions are in your house?
One awesome Samsung Series 5 37" LCD. :)

7) What color cell phone do you have?
Black, and I'm hoping to upgrade soon.  I need one with some touch-screen functionality, man!

8) Are you right-handed or left-handed?
Right, although I secretly wish I was ambidextrous.

9) Have you ever had anything removed from your body?
Yes.  

10) What is the last heavy item you lifted?
The leather couch...no, wait, I think it was my purse!

11) Have you ever been knocked unconscious?
Not knocked, but I have been unconscious before.

12) If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die?
Um, not if I could help it.  I'll leave that sort of stuff up to God.  I like to be surprised ;)

13) If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
Having pondered this question many times in the past, I still have not come up with a conclusive answer.  I would probably keep it the same at this point.  Name changes are a hassle and frankly, I just don't have time for it!

14) Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000?
Not even for $100,000 although I might start considering once we hit 7 digits.

15) How many pairs of flip flops do you own?
One.  I find them incredibly bad for my back and there is no arch support at all.  I come home with shin splints and sore hamstrings.  I prefer sandals with straps.

16) What’s your goal for the year?
Lose weight...be healthier...get a job ;) The usual.

17) Last person you talked to?
Hubbs.

18) Last person you hugged?
Also Hubbs.

19) Favorite Season?
Mild.  I used to say fall, and in any other city it would still be fall, but in Van the weather is way more mild and so I also enjoy the feel of early spring, and the feel of summer, and the feel of fall, and even those days and weeks of early winter that are snow-free and brisk.

20) Favorite Holiday?
Christmas.  As a Christ-follower, however, I also recognize the significance of Easter and so it has a special place in my heart too.

21) Favorite day of the week?
Saturday.

22) Favorite Month?
December and July.

23) First place you went this morning?
Kitchen - I heard Hubbs puttering around and I wanted to find him to say, "Good morning!"

24) What's the last movie you saw?
Watchmen - yeah, I know, I totally need to see a lot more good movies, most of which are coming out in early May.

25) Do you smile often?
The proof is in my "smile lines" that I am hoping do not extend nor deepen.

26) Do you always answer your phone?
Not anymore.  Hubbs has taught me to not be ruled by the telephone, and to let it go to voicemail if I'm busy or the caller is unidentified.  This has curbed a lot of the telemarketing calls.

27) It's four in the morning and you get a text message, who is it?
Someone who is MSN'ing the previous owner of my cell #.  This has happened several times in the past, and it is SO annoying!

28) If you could change your eye color what would it be?
I would probably want lighter eyes, although that might look pretty strange with my uber-dark hair and Asian complexion.

29) What flavor drink do you get at Sonic?
What is Sonic?

30) Have you ever had a pet fish?
Many, may they R.I.P.

31) Favorite Christmas song?
With the exception of a few particularly cheesy/annoying ones, I love all Christmas songs.  In fact, I would listen to them all year round if it didn't depress me to think about how far away Christmas is.

32) What's on your wish list for your birthday?
I could use a new laptop.  I also wouldn't mind getting laser eye surgery.  

33) Can you do push ups?
Yes :)  

34) Can you do a chin up?
No :( - but I can do an assisted chin-up on the Gravitron machine at the gym.

35) Does the future make you more nervous or excited?
Eternally optimistic so I would say excited, for sure.  Spending my life with Hubbs is awesome, so I enjoy and look forward to each day of growing older with him.

36) Do you have any saved texts?
Text *messages* or text *books*? I purge all of the former and most of the latter, though I keep a couple around for reference.

37) Ever been in a car wreck?
Yep - one that eventually resulted in a settlement for me that was triple the initial settlement offered by the stupid insurance people when my car got rear-ended by buddy in his mom's SUV.

38) Do you have an accent?
I guess it depends who you talk to.  I'd reckon that my Aussie mates might say I have one ;)  I tend to morph my speech ever so slightly to accommodate my audience, so it is far more drawly when I speak with folks from the South, and way more Aussie when I'm chatting with my mates from down under ;) 

39) What is the last song to make you cry?
Sophie B. Hawkins' "As I Lay Me Down"

40) Plans tonight?
Grocery shopping.

41) Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom?
A few times.  That's where Jesus usually finds me. ;)

42) Name 3 things you bought yesterday.
A new leather jacket, V8 Fusion drink, Starbucks' Protein Platter tray

43) Have you ever been given roses?
Not often enough (hint hint Hubbs!)

44) Current hate right now?
Bronchitis and nasal congestion

45) Met someone who changed your life?
Yep.  His name is Jesus.  Of course, there have been others, including the man I married.  I think every encounter one has with another results in the giving of a little bit of oneself to the other, so in that sense, everyone alters the life of everyone else with whom they've interacted.

46) How did you bring in the New Year?
With a buzz (two is apparently too many martinis for me), and with Hubbs.

47) What song represents you?
I can't think of one song that full captures who I am.  I'm a little bit of everything, but not like that (as Hubbs calls it) "angry housewife song" by Meredith Brooks ("B*tch")

48) Name three people who will complete this?
You, you and you

49) What were you doing 12 AM last night?
Taking Erythromycin and crawling into bed

50) What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up?
Man, it's bright outside.  What a beautiful day.  Thank you God!

0 comments: