Saturday, April 25, 2009

Pur Beauty


In case you didn't know, I am not a natural beauty. ;)  Shocking, I realize.  I rely on the assistance of a full case of make-up each and every morning to help me look as radiantly gorgeous as I do, and even then this case of make-up isn't always adequate for the task.

Well, my little sis, Superstar Jo, introduced me to the world of mineral make-up.  She's a Bare Minerals girl.  After piquing my interest, I headed to my local Shoppers Drug Mart and picked up some mineral make-up, but not the BM kind (which they do not carry in their Beauty Boutique).  Instead, I got me a fancy schmancy Pur Minerals starter kit and began my journey into the world of mineral make-up.

Well, fast forward a week and a bit, and I am a changed woman.  My eyes have been opened and I wonder how I could have lived without Pur Minerals.  In fact, I'm so enamoured with the stuff that I plan to pick up their mineral duo eyebrow compact and another shade of their 4-in-1 foundation (my current shade is a bit dark for my not-yet-tanned state) as soon as it comes in (they've run out of the stuff).

This mineral make-up is magical; I use their 4-in-1 on my face and it evens out my blotchy colouring, and then I use their very light blush and their subtle bronzer to give my face a bit of sun-kissed glow.  The make-up is lightweight and is buildable, meaning you can add layer upon layer of powder to your face until you get the coverage that you want.  It is also very clean-feeling, and it doesn't seem like I have foundation on my face when I'm done applying it.  In fact, I'd say it is even lighter than the compact powder I used to wear (L'Oreal True Match Pressed Powder).  I have also had zero break-outs.  

Upon doing some post-purchase research on the product, I've discovered that many people prefer Pur Minerals to some of the other mineral lines out there.  Pur Minerals is also fragrance-free, oil-free, and chemical-free.  It is bound together with the ever-moisturizing ingredients of Shea Butter and Vitamin E.  Oh, and it offers SPF15 protection from sun damage. 

Testimonial: today, I even went out without any make-up, save for the Pur Minerals foundation.  For those of you who've known me since forever ago, you know that this is *huge* since I'm always wearing lipstick and eyeliner, if nothing else.  Not today, however.  I was fresh-faced and I still looked okay! :)  That is the magic of Pur Minerals make-up.  

I am *so* turning into a mineral make-up junkie.  But don't stage an intervention just yet - I still have some beautifying to do and there is more to the Pur Minerals line that I still need to investigate ;)


5 comments:

~Rain``` said...

Interesting... I should check it out.

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Yes..they have about 10 different shades to choose from, and I'll bet they will have one that works for your complexion. Just go to Shoppers' Beauty Boutique and have the cosmetician work with you on finding the right colour.

Oh - and the starter kit is a mere $35, including the brush. Awesome!

tejanamama said...

post a fresh faced pic of you and i'll decide about trying this! I want to know what the dif is btwn the differnt lines because I have heard ppl praise diferent ones. YOU totally struck me for a department store makeup gal. I would never have thought you buy loreal or whatever. insane!!!

vien said...

so which one is better Mrs L.??? Pur or Bare?

i've heard of Bare, but not Pur.
But my roommate that uses Bare, loves it alot too.

Mrs. Loquacious said...

@Tejanamama - I will send pics as soon as I upload them, but since I took 'em with the flash on (not enough light to take w/o flash) I'm not sure if the effects are as visible in the digital images as they are in real life.

@vien - I like Pur but Jo likes Bare. I'm guessing you might have to try both to see which you like better, but I find the Pur simpler and less messy to use, plus it goes on more naturally IMHO.