Friday, March 06, 2009

Flashback Friday Meme

1. Did you date someone from your school?
No.

2. Did you marry someone from your high school?
Also no.

3. Did you car pool to school?
Sort of.  We had a deal going with some neighbours where my mom and some of these other neighbour moms took turns picking us up from school.  That only lasted a few years in elementary, though - and then it was just my folks driving, or me driving.

4. What kind of car did you have?
A Pontiac stationwagon.  We had other cars before that, but those were vehicles that I was too young to drive.

5. What kind of car do you have now?
2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6.

6. It's Friday night...where are you now?
Sitting on the couch w/Hubbs, watching crime TV (C.S.I., Criminal Minds)

7. It is Friday night...where were you then?
At home, youth group, fellowship, or out with friends or family.

8. What kind of job did you have in high school?
A kind of job that involved books.  Many, many books.

9. What kind of job do you do now?
A kind of job that involves school. :)

10. Were you a party animal?
Not at all.  I was at church a lot of the time.

11. Were you considered a flirt?
Depends who you ask.  Probably a little ;)

12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
Orchestra - I played the violin, and choir - I sang second alto. 

13. Were you a nerd?
I'd like to think that I wasn't one but I got good grades in school, I didn't play sports, and I didn't party.  Draw your own conclusions.

14. Did you get suspended or expelled?
If I had, I would never have lived to tell about it.  The shame that I would have inflicted on my family would have resulted in my immediate demise (either at their hands or from my own guilt).

15. Can you sing the fight song?
Is that "Eye of the Tiger?" I know some of the refrain of that song, but I can probably hum most of the melody.

16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)?
My first, second, and third grade teachers, and my English 10/12AP teacher.

17. Where did you sit during lunch?
Wherever my friends were.

18. What was your school's full name?
The only public high school in my small city.  It was named for the city.

19. When did you graduate?
A long, long time ago, unless you count my most recent degree.  I graduated in 2007 from that.

20. What was your school mascot?
I think it was a tomahawk - is that politically incorrect now? Or maybe some animal...I can't even remember anymore.

21. If you could go back and do it again, what would you do?
I would take home economics instead of computers; programming BASIC wasn't all that fun or useful to my life.  I would have started exercising as a teenager, and I would have avoided dieting altogether.

22. Did you have fun at Prom?
At my school it was called Grad and it wasn't that much fun.  My date was a sweet guy but not an interesting, fun date.  

23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with?
I think Grad was the last time we talked.

24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion?
Not at all.

25. Do you still talk to people from school?
Only a few, and only sporadically by electronic means.  Life sort of gets in the way.

26. School colors?
I believe it was orange and black...just like Hallowe'en 365 days a year.

27. What celebrities came from your high school?
None? No idea.

0 comments: