Monday, March 02, 2009

Firsts & Lasts - a Meme borrowed from my sis

I'm in cold wintry E-town right now, sitting on a comfy leather couch in my in-laws' basement, and net-surfing on Hubbs' Macbook Pro. I am hoping to upgrade to a Macbook one day soon but so far I'm not really getting the hang of the one-bar touch mouse or the "Apple +" functions (vs. Cntrl + on regular PCs). I do like the sleekness and lightweight feel of his laptop though.

Since I'm chillin' this March morning, I thought I'd MEME. My VanillaSis posted and tagged me on Facebook so I'm going to respond via the blog (which feeds into FB anyway). Here goes:

Firsts

1. Who was your first real date? A high school boy from a different school who thought I looked like Brenda Walsh (90210) because of my hair at the time...of course, we only went on one date ;)

2. Who was your first roommate? VanillaCon. Then SuperstarJo as well. Then I was on my own until college, when I got stuck with a roommate from Hell. Yep, I said it. She was all sorts of bitter nasty.

3. What alcoholic beverage did you drink when you got drunk the first time? According to me, I have never been drunk (Hubbs might differ on that opinion). I think my first major buzz was on our honeymoon, in Kauai, after many lava flows and other fruity bevvies on our 2nd night there. I have never been hung over and I've never vomited due to alcohol consumption. There. Boring life. ;)

4. What was your first job? I babysat 3 kids down the street. It was a poorly-paid position given the ages of the 3 children (the oldest being maybe 4, and the youngest being 8 months).

5. What was your first car? 1985 Pontiac stationwagon (blue). No idea of model anymore, since I only drove it part-time for about 2 years before we got the "new car" (1993 Ford Tempo).

6. When did you go to your first wedding? I was a kid. We went to several wedding banquets when I was in elementary school, including the wedding of the daughter of the local Chinese laundromat owner. It was a big thing, I remember, because she married a white guy with a moustache! :) That probably set the stage for me to marry white ;) I was also in my cousin's wedding party when I was 15 or 16.

7. Who was your kindergarten teacher? Mrs. B. and Mrs. S was her assistant. Mrs. B was very nice but I thought Mrs. S. was sort of mean and a bit scary.

8. (This question was missing)!

9. Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane? I believe it was when I was around 4...we flew to Vancouver to meet with my Paw-Paw and Gong-Gong, and aunts and uncles who were immigrating to Canada. Their flight touched down in Van so I guess my mom decided to bring VanillaCon & I to meet the flight.

10. When you snuck out of your house for the first time, who was it with? I don't think I've ever done this, though in Gr.10 I did go on an overnight co-ed camping trip that my parents didn't know about!

11. Who was your first Best Friend? A girl named Mandy who lived down the street.

12. Where was your first sleepover? It might have been Gr. 7? I totally don't remember any of the sleepovers I went to, since for the longest time growing up I wasn't allowed to go to anyone's place over night.

13. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day? Hubbs. And sometimes I'm ranting at God if I'm really stressed. He is infinitely, eternally patient :)

14. Whose wedding were you in the first time you were a Bridesmaid or - Groomsmen? My cousin's wedding (see above).

15. What is the first thing you do in the morning? Do the Fertile Focus thing (I'm gathering information), check my BBT, and pee (not always in that order).

16. What was the first concert you ever went to? NKOTB (don't laugh - it was like 1990).

17. First tattoo or piercing? My ears, during my elementary years.

18. First celebrity crush? Depends on who you ask. Apparently as a 3 year old, I was already lusting after Shawn Cassidy (Hardy Boys TV show). I think my first "real" crush, after understanding what a crush is, was Michael J. Fox (Family Ties sitcom) and Kirk Cameron (Growing Pains sitcom). Yes, I'm old. Don't hate.

19. First School? Hillside Community.

20. First Pet? Goldfish? We were pet killers and all the fish we owned seemed to expire in record time.

21. First Fight? I have never had a real fisticuffs brawl with anyone. I'm sure that between my sisters and I we exchanged a few pinches over the years, so that was probably my first fight Likely with VanillaCon.

22. First Facebook Friend? I can no longer recall, though I'm sure Hubbs was among the first.

23. First Love? Jesus. Hubbs is my number two. :) (I love you honey!).

Lasts

24. Last person you hugged? Hubbs, this morning before he got ready for work.

25. Last car ride to/from? From Superstar Jo's...to my current E-town home.

26. Last time you cried? Probably a few weeks ago. Lately the tears have been minimal.

27. Last movie you watched? I think it was at Christmastime; we rewatched Wall-E. Hubbs & I haven't been to a movie in a while.

28. Last food you ate? Muffins made by my mom-in-law...cinnamon muffins that are really yummy.

29. Last item you bought? Dinner last night.

30. Last item you've worn? My usual uniform of yoga pants and a t-shirt, and before that, a dress and tights and my new Fluevogs.

31. Last phone call? The evil telemarketing recording that just called the house.

32. Last thing you touched? I would think most people doing this meme would need to be typing on their keyboard at the computer, so isn't this a silly question? Aside from the obvious, I guess my last item touched was the phone.

33. Last funeral you attended? Actual funeral? It has been a few years and I don't recall anymore. We did go to the burial of my dad's late eldest brother a few years ago.

34. Last time at the mall? Three days ago.

35. Last time you were excited? Current mood. I'm going for lunch with my sis!

36. Last person you saw? Hubbs

37. Last thing you drank? Tea

38. Last time you were happy? Besides my current mood of excitement? Yesterday, hanging with the fam. I miss them when we're in Van.

1 comments:

tejanamama said...

Real excited about that lunch huh? the food or company? OR BOTH?? HOpe it was a great time!!! MISS YOU!!! Lots going on here so I've been blogging. SO glad its March. Time is passing fast. Glad youare back home! have a great visit!!!!