Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Four Thursday Meme


Ugh.  Is it just me or are my blog titles getting cheesier?  Man, with age comes the depletion of my creativity cells or something.  *sigh*  Anyway, here's a fun "four" meme that I'm pretty sure has made the rounds for a few years.  I know, there's nothing deep in a meme post, but frankly, I'm feeling like there is too much heaviness around me in this gloomy January world, so levity is a much-welcomed reprieve. ;)

Four Jobs I've Had
1. Hostess of restaurant(s)
2. Library page
3. Salesperson
4. Consultant for a certain weight loss program that doesn't work (hint: same initials as Jesus Christ)

Four Movies I'd Watch Over and Over Again
1. Sleepless in Seattle
2. Anne of Green Gables
3. The Sound of Music
4. The Star Wars Trilogy (IV, V, and VI)

Four Cars I've Driven
1. Plymouth Neon
2. Honda Accord
3. Ford Tempo
4. Pontiac Sunbird Wagon

Four Websites I Visit Daily
1. Lainey Gossip (laineygossip.com)
2. D-Listed (dlisted.com)
3. Greater Fool (greaterfool.ca)
4. Condo Hype (condohype.wordpress.com)

Four of my Favourite Fattening Foods
1. Deep-fried anything, really
2. Ice cream (full fat)
3. Cheese
4. Sugary anything

Four Places I'd Rather Be Right Now
1. In bed
2. In Hawaii
3. In a jetted hot tub with some chilled, sparkling, delicious grape juice 
4. In my Hubbs' arms

Man, that meme was short, eh?  It leaves me strangely unfulfilled, so I'm adding my own unique and fun questions :)  I think you're allowed to do that on memes.  Maybe.

Four Grammatical/Mechanical Mistakes That Annoy Me
1. Using "as" incorrectly as a conjunction.  Why not try "because" or "since"?
2. You're vs. your
3. Run-on sentences with nary a comma in sight.
4. Failure to capitalize God and all the pronouns used for Him.

Four Colours I Won't Be Wearing Anytime Soon
1. Yellow
2. Army olive green
3. Orange
4. Anything neon

Four Genres I Dislike Reading
1. Fantasy (unless it's Harry Potter but that really isn't fantasy)
2. Canadian literature about life on the Prairies or in the Maritimes, or some other boring topic that involves far too much imagery and not enough action
3. Anything by Joseph Conrad
4. Chick-lit

Four Things I Like About Autumn
1. Halloween, even though technically we do not observe this occasion
2. The crisp cool air
3. The sound of colourful leaves crunching beneath my feet
4. New school supplies (something I've always enjoyed, even long after my time as a student)

Four Frivolous Things I Enjoy Spending Money On
1. Purses and shoes that technically I do not need
2. Lancome make-up (but only when it comes with a bonus gift!)
3. Gel nails (the fake ones look so much better than my real ones!)
4. Nice gel pens (I dislike ballpoint and generally refuse to use these)


Happy Thursday, everyone! :)


0 comments: