Sunday, November 30, 2008

Me Me Me Meme

It's almost Monday, and I have found a meme that I don't believe I've completed yet.  Thanks to Facebook and Julie B. for posting; I've ripped it off from there :) to talk about myself some more.

This time last November, were you single? 
Not at all.  4 Novembers ago, I got engaged.  3 Novembers ago, I was a newlywed.  I have enjoyed every November since 2003 (Hubbs and I met in Dec. 2002).

Who can you blame for your bad mood today? 
Realistically, just me, if I would have been in a bad mood.  Fortunately, today was a good day and I was in an awesome mood.  Usually I blame Hubbs, and sometimes unfairly so. ;)

What do you prefer skittles or starbursts? 
Neither.  I'm not really a "candy" person, and frankly, I can think of several better ways to consume those calories than by popping sugar clusters covered with artificial food colouring.

How was last night?
Date night at an all-you-can-eat Brazilian steakhouse called Samba.  A cocktail, a jug of sangria, and many servings of meat later, I was living large. :)  I love my life!

If you're being extremely quiet, what does it mean? 
I'm pissed off, or else I'm completely bagged, or else I'm listening.  Usually I am not quiet.  Ask anyone who knows me.

What is your mom listed under in your phone? 
By my folks' last name.

Have you ever kissed someone and never saw them again? 
No.  I am not a kissing ho, and I usually save my smooches for someone whom I am in a relationship with.  Nowadays, Hubbs is the only recipient.

How are you feeling right now? 
Regretful for the many cups of coffee that I consumed today.  This explains why I'm up and alert at this late hour.

What was your last argument about? 
I don't actually remember.  Usually arguments are the result of frustration/hunger/fatigue + some silly conflict added to the mix.  When that's the case, these arguments are hardly worth remembering.  

Last nap? 
A couple of days ago.  I love napping but I have been too busy to really fit one in.

Who were the first 2 people you heard this morning? 
Hubbs...and then the server from our favourite breakfast place.  His name is Randy.

Have you ever liked anyone that treated you like crap? 
If by "like" one means in a romantic way, then no (unless you count grade school crushes that probably had no idea that I existed).  If by "like" one means in a platonic friendship way, then yes, but not for long.  My tolerance levels grow shorter with age, too, so I put up with far less crap now than I did when I was in my early 20's.  Fortunately, "friends" like that are easy to replace.

Do you believe in celebrating anniversaries? 
I believe in celebrating, period.  I prefer to remain in a perpetually celebratory state, if I can.

Have you ever stayed in a hotel? 
This is a stupid question, and yes, I have.  Many, many times.  

Ever been told you were loved by someone who didn't mean it? 
My ex-boyfriend comes to mind, but then again, he probably meant it at the time.  

Do you think someone is thinking about you right now? 
Hubbs is.  God is.  And me, of course. :)

Who's the last person you talked to on the phone? 
The restaurant reservation person - I tried to get our reservation changed but of course they had blackout times for the time that we wanted it changed to, so we stuck with our original reservation time.

Are you a big fan of snowstorms or thunderstorms? 
Maybe I am weird, but I do enjoy a good thunderstorm.  It reminds me of how powerful and mighty God is, and how small and insignificant we are.

Could you go the rest of your life without smoking a cigarette? 
Well, I've gone this long with nary a puff.  I think I can last a few more decades.

Were you happy when you woke up today? 
I think so.  There is no explaining my moods.  Sometimes I wake up inexplicably happy, and other times I wake up a b*tch.  

How do you feel about chocolate covered strawberries? 
They are good decadent treats to enjoy on occasion.  To have them every day, or even every week, however, is overkill, and I can seem them quickly losing their novelty.

How do you vent anger? 
I stew and I steam and I huff and I puff and I generally get snarky.  It is probably a question best answered by Hubbs, who has seen me angry more often than most others.

Best thing you did for yourself today? 
I bought myself a table runner and mats for our new dining set.  It looks awesome set up with all the Christmas stuff!

Have you ever liked somebody and never told them? 
Often when I was in grade school.  Of course, they always found out anyway.

Do you believe everything happens for a reason? 
I believe that God is sovereign, and that in all things He works for the good of those who love Him and who have been called according to His purpose.  I also believe that God's greatest priorities are to be glorified, and to build His church, so all things that happen have a purpose of being used toward those ends.

Are you over your past? 
Depends.  Mostly, yes - I'm relatively baggage-free.  There are a few issues that I'm sure I haven't dealt with yet, simply because they haven't surfaced as problems at this point in my life.  

Has anyone disappointed you recently? 
Well, Hubbs *did* get a grease stain on my newly-purchased dinner table mat, and when I threw that thing in the wash, it came out way smaller than the other 3 in the set.  That was pretty disappointing.

Do you plan on moving within the next year? 
No.  I live in Paradise and in a fantastic flat.  Why would I move?

Does it take a lot to make you cry? 
Nope.  It takes hardly anything, in fact.  That said, there are places where I refuse to cry, such as in my classroom, or in the principal's office.

Is there someone you wish you were still close with? 
Would it make me an awful person if I said no?  Some friends are circumstantial, while others are substantial.  Both are necessary in life, though the former may only be important for a certain season of one's life.  A natural divergence in paths will occur at some point, and this is neither a good nor a bad thing.  It simply is a part of the ebb and flow of life.  When those deemed as "substantial" friends end up drifing apart, it is merely a confirmation that the relationship was far more circumstantial than it ever was, substantial.

What do majorty of people in your life call you? 
By my given name.  Or by my teacher name, Mrs. **********.


1 comments:

Jason said...

Salut,

I wanted to say that I'm pretty sure I really like your writing. I won't know for sure until I'm able to read more; given that it's six ante-meridian now, that will have to wait, but from what little I've read thusfar, you're very good. Your tagline is what drew me in, specifically "verbose" and "loquacious" in its title. I, too, am a lover of English language, and I'm excited to experience your takes on its nuances and subtleties through your writing.

Just wanted to say hello, and -- I hope not pre-emptively -- thanks you.

Cheers,
Jason