Sunday, July 13, 2008

Mystified

As you may be aware, I am going on vacation in 4 days. My somewhat neurotic, baffling pre-travel tendencies are beginning to show...and I know I'm not the only freak out there. You're like this too. So tell me why, in getting ready to go on a holiday that will inevitably involve shopping, I...

- obsessively clean my home before I leave?
- "save" my "good clothes" for my holiday?
- buy new clothes and footwear for the occasion?
- collect hotel toi
letries, only to leave them at home in favour of taking the "regular" products I use?

This is not an irregular occurrence, either. I do this every time I travel, and the length of the trip determines the length of my pre-departure preparations and cleaning regime. Since I am gone for nearly two weeks this time round, you'd better believe I've already started ironing Hubbs' "good clothes" and have also begun cleaning.

Evidently I've lost my mind, or something.

UPDATE: So I woke up this morning at 5:00 a.m. with this random urge to clean my oven, which I promptly did. Explain that! :S



2 comments:

Curlz said...

Ummmmm, not touchin' this one. ;)

Mrs. Loquacious said...

LOL. I probably wouldn't either ;)