Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Insomnia's a B*tch

Most of my friends and family would find it surprising that I am awake this early in the morning, and that I've been awake since 2:00 a.m. Up until 3 hours ago, I'm pretty sure that half of my closest friends and family were convinced I was narcoleptic; I could literally fall asleep filing my nails, or within a minute of laying my head on my pillow. My ability to sleep at will was probably one of my most enviable qualities, at least to the insomniacs and light sleepers in my social circles.

Therefore, this bout of insomnia must come as a surprise to them. I know it is to me. I blame it on my busy brain, which has made an extensive, exhaustive checklist of the many tasks I am to accomplish before 6:30 p.m. this evening. Why the rush? My upcoming vacation in Montreal/NYC demands that I have everything packed and ready (including this laptop) before I depart tomorrow morning, and we are staying over at my SuperstarJo sister and SpaceMax bro-in-law's place tonight. Therefore, everything must be packed prior to this evening, and of course my dear Hubbs works all day, so guess who is left to run all of the errands and do the packing? Sorry, there is no prize for the correct answer ;)

I will probably end up needing to take a nap in about 3 hours' time. You know, when business hours begin and normal people are getting ready to go about their day. This is incidentally also the time when I will be most able to accomplish my banking tasks for the day, as well as make my dental appointment, cram in a much-needed chiropractor appointment, and return phone calls and emails. How ironic.

I am going to try to squeeze in some shut eye and force my brain to rest, momentarily. I hate being up in the middle of the night. Now I know how vampires must feel.

PS - the new "Breaking Dawn" Twilight book (remember my obsession? still there...just not as vocal anymore) gets released on Aug. 2nd. I have my pre-ordered copy already. Do you?!? :P






0 comments: