Monday, June 30, 2008

Summer Lovin'


It is officially summer time, and with it comes a lot of great things that I look forward to:

- outdoor BBQs
- the consumption of cool drinks and watermelon and the refreshing feelings that these bring
- bare feet on green grass
- fire-roasted hot dogs and smokies
- smores
- lounging beach chairs
- outdoor patio dining
- wearing open-toed shoes
- holidays and street festivals
- late sunsets and early sunrises
- sleeveless shirts
- sangria and mojitos

Of course, then there are the less than awesome things that come with summer, which I am already annoyed with just a mere week and a bit into the season:

- mosquitoes, flies, and other creepy crawlies
- mosquito bites that swell up to the size of a quarter on various parts of my body
- the obsessive need for sunscreen (or conversely, the painfulness of sunburns)
- the lingering smell of campfire that takes extra scrubbing to wash out of your hair and your clothes
- sweating
- eczema rashes from summer allergies
- rising gas prices when my fuel consumption goes up (A/C!)
- alcohol-induced dehydration ;)

In spite of these, I look forward to my busy summer. Trips and more trips, plus a lot of socializing and planning for my sister's wedding. This is going to be one fun, crazy season!



0 comments: