Tuesday, June 10, 2008

MeMe Tuesday - 50 Random Facts About Yours Truly (Not That You Care)

I completely agree - I'm being lazy. Doing a meme is a nice cop-out to true blogging, but given that it's nearly exam time and I'm up to my eyeballs in marking, this is about as good as it's going to get for a while. ;)

1. Do you like blue cheese? Gross. NO.

2. Have you ever smoked heroin? No.

3. Do you own a gun? No, but some days I'm tempted to get one and learn to shoot.

4. What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? Where's Sonic? I usually add a wedge of lemon to my water, if that counts.

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? No - I usually get annoyed with waiting for so long!

6. What do you think of hot dogs? Best if they are grilled on the BBQ, or made by the Fat Franks company on one of those revolving hot dog cookers.

7. Favorite Christmas movie? Charlie Brown Christmas.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? A cup of orange pekoe (Splenda, creamer) followed by several mugs of coffee (flavoured creamer).

9. Can you do push ups? Does one count? I can only do 1-2 of the real kind, but can probably do 10 if it's the "ladies'" version.

10. Age? Old enough not to divulge on my blog...young enough to pass for being a new university grad!

11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? My necklace (the cross is passed down from my mom) and my engagement ring/wedding band.

12. Favorite hobby? Snuggling with Hubbs. Sleeping. Shopping. Reading.

13. Favorite actor: Nobody. I'm currently disillusioned with all things Hollywood.

14. Do you have A.D.D.? I do not.

15. What's one trait you hate about yourself? My ability to procrastinate is overdeveloped.

16. Middle name? It's a Chinese one.

17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment?
1) I wonder what I'm going to write for this question?
2) Nope, still nothing.
3) What time is it?

18. Name 3 things you bought today: Nothing yet. I'm still in pajamas.

19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Tea, coffee, flavoured carbonated sugar-free water

20. Current worries? Report cards, entering my marks, making sure there are no majorly discrepant marks, marking...not in that order, either.

21. Current hate right now? See yesterday's blog entry. DOUCHE-BAG!!!

22. Favorite place to be? In bed with Hubbs. On a beach in Kauai with a Lava Flow in one hand, a good book in the other. On the massage table getting the knots rubbed out of my very tightly-wound back.

23. How did you bring in the New Year? With Hubbs, and some of my sibs and their significant others.

24. Where would you like to go? Back to bed? Um...Hawaii again (maybe Maui this time), the Bahamas, Disneyworld, Hong Kong, Italy, France, Austria, the Caribbean, Bora Bora, the Maritimes, Bali, Tokyo... anywhere, really, as long as it's 4-5 stars or higher.

25. Name three people who will complete this? All 3 of you who read this blog ;)

26. Do you own slippers? I'm into freedom of feet. We do own plastic flip flops for when we stay at hotels, however; never walk on their carpets - you could catch something!!!

27. What shirt are you wearing? "I Climbed the Great Wall" - I'm so sad I shrunk this t-shirt! :(

28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Never tried. Sounds impractical.

29. Can you whistle? No, but I can shout, and it's just as loud.

30. Favorite color? Blue, black, red, at the moment. This changes frequently.

31. Would you be a pirate? No, but I would want some of their treasures.

32. What songs do you sing in the shower? Angsty songs (e.g. "Because of You" by Kelly Clarkson) or show tunes (e.g. "I Swear I'd Give My Life For You" - Miss Saigon) or praise & worship stuff - the shower has the best acoustics and also the steam is excellent for my throat!

33. Favorite girl's name? If I tell you, you will copy me and name your kids that. Can't say.

34. Favorite boy's name? Noah - you can't copy us!! Hubbs and I have copyrights on naming our first son this.

35. What is in your pocket right now? Nothing.

36. Last thing that made you laugh? Hubbs...being Hubbs. :)

37. Best bed sheets as a child? The ones that were freshly laundered and just put on the bed. Nothing like crawling into new sheets. :)

38. Worst injury you've ever had? My back issues from that stupid car accident where I got rear-ended by a punk who didn't think it was important to stop for pedestrians.

39. Do you love where you live? I like it enough. Am not so fond of the city, but the apartment is comfy and conveniently located.

40. How many TVs do you have in your house? Just one. We barely use it.

41. Who is your loudest friend? I have lots of loud friends and family. Hard to pick only one.

42. How many dogs do you have? None. Hubbs is allergic.

43. Does someone have a crush on you? I believe my husband does.

44. What is your favorite book(S)? There are so many! The entire Little House series, the Twilight series, the Harry Potter series, most of Judy Blume's stuff, the Little Men/Little Miss series, Charlotte's Web, the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, the Bible, Tell Me the Story by Max Lucado, the Time Traveler's Wife, Life of Pi, Glass Castle, the Bridget Jones series, Richard Scarry's books, some of the L. Frank Baum Oz books, ... honestly the list could go on and on, and there are so many books I have yet to read!!

45. Where were you born? In a cold, snowy place.

46. What is your favorite candy? Not really a candy girl - maybe the Jelly Belly's? I prefer chocolate - Skor, Aero, Kit Kat, and Twix, are my favourites.

47. Favorite sports team? I am a traitor to my own city. I have no favourite sports team...for any sport.

48. What song(s) do you want played at your funeral? The hymn "This World Is Not My Home." And maybe a strings version of "Nearer, My God, to Thee" (like what those guys played on the boat in the Titanic movie).

49. What were you doing at 12 A.M.? Snoring.

50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? "What time is it? Do I have more time to sleep?"

1 comments:

vien said...

Sonic is some sort of drive-up burger joint with some good slushy drinks.

Most of these meme have weird obscure questions.