Friday, April 04, 2008

Highlights from the Mouse House


We have returned from the happiest place on Earth, and I'm not too happy about that. I could easily have stayed for another couple of days, but alas - it was not meant to be!

Highlights of the trip:


- Hubbs and I got to sit with each other all the way there and back on our flights
- getting to go on the "Soarin' Over California" ride...twice
- riding on the Sun Wheel swinging ferris wheel with Hubbs (who was a trooper in spite of his fear of heights)
- getting gifted with a free set of "FasPass" tickets after riding the Snow White ride (as part of their "Year of a Million Dreams" giveaways)
- dining on delicious food and wine served by Marc at the Vineyard Room in California Adventure
- Hubbs and I buying hoodies at Disneyland on our first day
there (his was a Hurley sweatshirt, mine was a Tinkerbell one)
- finding large bags of Fiery Habernero Doritos to take back with us (yum! one bag is nearly finished)
- experiencing the "Bug's Life" 3D show with all of its "surprises"
- enjoying the Electric Parade together; it was pretty romantic
- being surprised by how much we enjoyed ToonTown
- the clean bathrooms all over the park! Toilet covers and auto-flushing, even!
- seeing near-nightly fireworks from our hotel and on-site at Disne
y
- riding on the Indiana Jones ride...twice...with my Hubbs
- not being scared while going to the House of Terror (Unive
rsal Studios) and the Haunted Mansion (Disneyland)
- sleeping in a comfortable King-sized bed at the hotel
- buying my handsome hubby a new pair of Oakley shades that look amazing on him!
- finding a store (Ted Baker London) that sold Hubbs' style of shirts :)
- enjoying dinner on the patio under a heat lamp in Downtown Disney
- meeting Mickey!!!


Alas, there were also low-lights to the trip - things we wished were better. These would include:

- the excessive cost of traveling to Universal Studios
- the let-down experience of being at Universal Studios (which wasn't nearly as fun as Disney)
- my throwing my back out after a couple of days
- the abundant portions - we wasted a lot of food :(
- the inconsistency of our shuttle's arrival times; it was never reliable
- the overcast weather (what happened to *sunny* California?!?)
- our canceled return flight (Delta Airlines suck!) that we weren't notified about and that caused us to have to reroute to the Twin Cities instead of flying through Salt Lake City; we arrived nearly 2 hours later than we had originally planned
- the fireworks show at Disney being called off early due to high winds (that we didn't notice at all from the ground)
- missing Fantasmic! shows due to my digestive difficulties

However, overall the experience was indeed "magical" and I'm so glad to have shared it with Hubbs, B.C. (before children). We completely expect the experience to be very, very different once we return with little people, so we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves this time round!





5 comments:

tejanamama said...

awesome! so glad you had a fun break. NOW BACK TO WORK! :) Going back will be ENTIRELY different. Might not be good in the same way it was this time, but it will be good in different ways. Glad you got there and back in one peice! :)

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Get on Facebook, woman! Then you can see *all* the pics :P

And as soon as I'm recovered I'm back to reality. So far still sick, so I haven't done jack for school!

Ontario Emperor said...

I'm glad that you liked California Adventure. Some people aren't all that thrilled about it, but I've gotten to the point where I enjoy California Adventure more than Disneyland; perhaps I'm just tired of the Disneyland part.

Re disappointment at Universal - my daughter was born here and went to Disneyland a lot, so she was VERY disappointed a few years ago when we went to Dollywood. I was able to appreciate it on its own terms, but my daughter continued to compare it to Mouseland and found it wanting.

tejanamama said...

LOL! I do have an account somewhere in there, but I never updated it or anything :( I am locked out i think :) LOL Last time I tried to get on and I was able to, it wouldnt let me add the people asking to link to me or be my 'friends' or whatever. I gave up. Too many networking sites. I'm an old lady! Gimme a break! :(

Natalie said...

Sounds like you guys had a pretty good time!