Monday, February 25, 2008

My Fun Shoes

While I was out shopping with the girls (my sisters), we chanced across some adorable shoes that were ON SALE and far too awesome for me not to pick up.

Keep in mind, of course, that my normal shoe preferences lean to the pragmatic and comfortable: I like black or brown shoes that are comfortable to wear and match with most of my clothes. To buy *gasp* coloured shoes is to do the unthinkable - waste money!

However, these were affordable and called my name. Introducing my Sugar Rockin' Round Up Flats:
My Superstar sis also bought a pair; actually, she was the first to spot these and I found a matching pair in another colour to buy, since she absolutely forbids me to buy anything that is identical to what she owns.

I am so excited for the spring, so that I can go in bare feet again and wear my cute shoes!!! I've already broken them in at school...and what do you know? The students noticed, and I was even complimented on my footwear! :) The compliments alone make this purchase worthwhile. :D





4 comments:

tejanamama said...

My feet are too fat for those types of shoes. Wide and blech :( SO jealous you can rock these! Glad you got some color in your life!!! Could it be you gained a few cool points??? *gasP* Hopefully you didn't undo that by going and playing your video games tonight ;)g

Mrs. Loquacious said...

My feet are normally too wide for any shoes that aren't made *wide* but for some reason, these fit! :)

Only negative is that they're not well-padded like sneakers, and I'm pretty sure prolonged wear would result in some seriously foul foot odor. :(

Natalie said...

they are super cute! I have a wide foot too but usually do well with the ballet flat type shape. They also have a nice sole. The problem i get with flats is that the sole is so thin the bottom of the shoe rubs the pavement when i walk. Not good for silk!

vien said...

woo,cute shoes and Happy Birthday to you Mrs L!

WEM will be a good way to celebrate, very low key.

waiting to read your blog about how you spent it and how fun your day was.

Have a good one. :D