Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Low Key Isn't Always Bad


Case in point - my birthday, which expires in less than 4 hours.

I didn't make it to the big mall for retail therapy.
I didn't blow out any candles.
I didn't hear the birthday song until my dear mom-in-law sang it to me over the phone at 5:45 p.m.

However, here are the highlights, in case you're interested:

*Hubbs made me breakfast
*I got a beautiful bouquet of flowers from my wonderfully thoughtful parents
*I was
wished happy birthday by many dear friends, students, and family over the course of the day
*I got three very sweet birthday cards from Hubbs
*I received a lovely surprise gift (fancy storage boxes) from my friend and mentor/colleague, Dino
*I was given a free dessert when Hubbs took me to lunch at Mongolie Grill (the xango dessert was delicious!)
*I had a great quality conversation with the other birthday girl in my family - my mom (who shares the same b-day as I do)
*I was taken out to dinner at Lux by Hubbs, and ate abundantly and drank like a fish (but it didn't count because a)I tasted no alcohol, and b)it's my birthday)
*I was promised my big mall shopping spree on Saturday (a full day!) instead
*I read some very complimentary messages from my homeroom students, who gifted me with little encouragement notes
*My sister Superstar sang the Chinese birthday song to me (with background vocals provided by Space Max, brother-in-law) over the phone

...and of course, I still get to go to Disneyland in a month's time! :D

All in all, a quiet but busy day, and one that helped me to feel very appreciated and loved. To all those who sent me well-wishes in some form - I appreciate it so much!! Thank you from the bottom of my very full heart :)



6 comments:

tejanamama said...

Happy Birthday, Gorgeous!!!! SO glad so many people sent you love and kind words. You deserve it and to me, that is always the best present!!!!!

**hugs**

Sylvana said...

Happy Birthday! and Merry Disneyland!

Justice~! said...

Happy birthday again honey. You're the greatest wife ever and I love you very much.

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Thanks everyone! :)

It has been a great birthday week so far, and by all accounts it should only get better from here!!

Sunny said...

Oh Wow! Your b_day is two days after MINE!
i KNEW there was a reason I liked you so much!!

Happy Birthday HUN!!!!!
(Sorry it's a bit late in getting to you)
XoXo

Natalie said...

SOunds like a great birthday to me. happy belated!