Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Tick Tock Went the Clock


...and I am still awake. Fully awake.

I made the mistake tonight of asking Hubbs to give me a cuddle. In bed. The mistake is not in the request itself; the mistake lies in combining said request with this particular location. Add to the mix the fatigue my poor hubby has been feeling, and you get two people who end up falling asleep at 7:00 p.m.

He has been sound asleep ever since. Not me. My brain woke me up at 10:30 and it has been on full alert since that time. It is now 1:23 a.m. I am still wide awake.

I wonder why I do this to myself? Why do I take naps that wreak havoc on my routine sleep schedule? You would think that by now, I would have learned to fight the urge to nap, and just hang on until bedtime. Unfortunately, I am a slow learner in this department, and thus I must now endure the consequences of my poor decision-making.

I feel silly. And also not entirely motivated so that I could actually get some work done. Stupid stupid me.

Guess I'll be playing Spider Solitaire until the fatigue sets in again...if it does at all.




3 comments:

Natalie said...

Tony has been trying to fix his sleep schedule for weeks. He has been averaging about 3 hours a night with the not falling asleep t normal times and then having to wake up to an alarm and stay awake so as to fix his schedule. It is sad. I hope you find your sleep.

janeylynne said...

I recently changed jobs and that has wreaked a bit of havoc as well. I don't get to take a nap after work anymore, because I don't get home until 6. Therefore, I have to try and stay up and sometimes it's difficult to stay up until 10. Several times I've crashed out at 8 and woken up again at 4:30. I feel your pain. It is no fun. I hope you get your sleep.

cristina said...

hope you got to sleep. bags are SO unbecoming! ;) I get headaches if i nap and that keeps me WIDe awake! hate getting those!