Friday, November 09, 2007

New Car Ideas?

I realize that Hubbs and I have been tossing around the idea of buying a new car for well over a year now. We never really felt justified spending the money up to this point. However, now that our car is nearing the point where we no longer feel safe driving it on the open highway, we're seriously considering buying a new vehicle come the spring.

Why wait, right? Simple - it's about cost. The new 2008's have just come out, so interest rates on these are still at a premium. We're hoping that in the spring, the rates will begin to fall as the cars become less-new.

So now the question is, what car should we buy? I was forever coveting the Honda Civic, but now that I've laid eyes on the Accord's new and improved look, I am a bit torn. The preliminary reviews on the Accord are promising, too, and so my new object of vehicular lust is the 2008 Honda Accord EXL-V6, which has a 3.5L, V6 engine and full-leather interior with heated front seats.


What do you think? This new Accord is being compared with the Camry, the Altima, and some models of Acuras, even. It's a bit pricier than the Civic, but it also boasts a roomier interior (in case we need to fit it with car seats one day) and a more powerful ride. It's definitely on the luxurious end of the spectrum, costing nearly as much as a lower-end BMW 300-series sedan.

But I think I'm in love.








2 comments:

Cristina :) said...

We are starting to toss around the same idea but if I have it my way we may go hybrid. I need to do more research. Gas is never going back down, so I'm bracing for the worst and hoping it all balances out (or saves us) in the long run. I think we may stay a one car family as well :( I am ready to lose the Pathfinder because of the high gas prices! It is almost paid for! GOOD LUCK! Both good choices! :)

Mrs. Loquacious said...

We'll stay one-car as well. Our current "beater," the '97 Neon, is holding up well for its age, but I am wanting a more secure, reliable, and fancy schmancy ride to take us into praenthood :) I have yet to see the safety ratings on the '08 Accord though, so that is the only thing we really need to factor in. We thought about hybrids but the Accord doesn't come as one, and I kind of want the power of the V6.