Friday, August 10, 2007

My Yummy Sandwich


My meals are pretty predictable. I tend to eat what I like, and if I like something I will eat it exclusively for a while, until I am sick of it or something new and yummy comes along to take its place.

My new breakfast obsession has been the toasted tomato bocconcini sandwich. I am having a half-sandwich for breakfast every morning. I know, it's vegetarian, and it sounds flavourless and untasty, but trust me when I say it is delicious! The texture of moist sliced tomato, crispy toasted whole-grain bread, and soft creamy young mozza together is a perfect combination, and it is healthy, too!


Just like it sounds, the ingredients are toasted multigrain/whole-grain bread, sliced bocconcini, and sliced tomato, with a dash of salt and pepper to taste. Add fresh basil and a drizzle of olive oil if you must, but I don't bother with that. Layer the ingredients between the bread, and enjoy! Easy peasy.



6 comments:

Natalie said...

Sounds totally delicious, although not vegan. Most definitely vegetarian though!!!

Mrs. Loquacious said...

You're right. Forgot that vegans = no cheese. I will make the changes. :)

janeylynne said...

Reminds me of a salad I had at Panera of grape tomatoes and chunks of mozzarella with foccacia bread. The dressing was a balsamic vinegar-based one and was totally delicious! The sandwich sounds wonderful as well.

Princess Banter said...

Oooh la la -- looking delish ;)

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Don't skip the basil and the oil, especially the basil!! That's one of my fave salads ever!

Natalie said...

Those crazy vegans, how do you live without cheese!!!