Friday, August 31, 2007

Don't You....Forget About Me! Don't Don't Don't Don't...


I do appreciate your patience as my blog goes through periods of silence and non-posting for a little while. It has been a busy season, one involving a new job, sleep deprivation, neglected chores, and lots of prep work.

I haven't forgotten about you; don't you forget about me either! :) I will, as time permits, swing in to wax eloquent on my thoughts and observations about my profession, my "kids," and life in general. However, the next two-three weeks will be mighty insane, and my first priority is Hubbs, and then my job.

****

It's interesting to note that I have almost always been in school. After my initial K-12 education, I spent another 8 years in post-secondary, interspersed with a few years of actual teaching in the classroom. Out of the 3 decades of my life thus far, 2.5 decades have been spent in school in some way.

Astounding, isn't it? I anticipate several more years (until the babies come) in the classroom, and many more years following my baby-hiatus. There must be something that just draws me into academia; like a drug, the intoxicating sights and sounds of people learning and growing and developing must give me a buzz.

I love school. I even love school supplies (so much so that I spend entirely too much money on it). I'm so glad I have been blessed with the opportunity to always be involved in school in some form or another. I couldn't imagine my life any other way.


2 comments:

Cristina :) said...

Don't let me walk into a Staples or other such office store. The smell of the supplies and looking at the bulletin board stuff makes me want to teach public school!!! Usually I come to my senses, given that I can barely tolerate the young (and not so young) adults I work with sometimes! :) LOL Enjoy your new adventure in academia and best of luck to you hon!!!!

vien said...

Congrats on the new job Mrs L.

You'll make a fine teacher and the students will be blessed to have one who loves their job that much!

Keep on truck'in, even on the off days. ;)