Tuesday, July 24, 2007

It's Tuesday, Right?

Is it bad that, due to my present state of unemployment, my days tend to blend together and I actually lose track? Today feels like a Wednesday (my least favourite day of the week) and yet I am pretty sure it's still Tuesday, at least until after I go to bed and wake up again.

Anyway, I missed the Monday meme so here's the Tuesday one instead:


Five people to tag: Oh heck, I tag you all! :P

What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was working at the university in their housing department during the summer.

Five Snacks You Enjoy
(on a diet):
1. popcorn
2. baked Cheetos
3. baked pita & hummus
4. cereal
5. Rainier cherries

(off a diet):
1. Munchie Mix
2. bite-size brownies
3. soft serve ice cream
4. leftover pizza
5. dry ribs

Five Songs That You Know All The Lyrics To:
1. Because of You - Kelly Clarkson
2. Most Celine Dion songs
3. Most praise & worship songs
4. The Greatest Love of All - Whitney Houston
5. Most of the Miss Saigon soundtrack

Five Things You Would Do If You Were a Multi-Millionaire:
1. Buy a house in Vancouver
2. Buy new furniture for this home of ours
3. Fly to Hong Kong, Europe, and Hawaii on vacation
4. Buy a new car
5. Share the wealth with family (and tithe)

Five bad habits:
1. Laziness/procrastination
2. Not removing my make-up at night
3. Nail-biting
4. Leaving my nail polishing stuff everywhere instead of putting it back right away
5. Addictions to the Net

Five Things You Like To Do:
1. Eat
2. Shop
3. Nap
4. Socialize
5. Surf the Web

Five Things You Would Never Wear Again:
1. Hot pink/fuscia sweat suit
2. Stirrup pants
3. Scrunchies
4. Big oversized glasses
5. Acid wash

Five Favorite Toys:
1. Laptop
2. Cell phone
3. Digital camera
4. Label maker
5. Nintendo DS

Oh, and I am weak. I tried to read just a few chapters of Harry Potter 7 yesterday and ended up unable to put down the book. I started reading at about 2:00 pm and interrupted my inhalation of the last book of the series only to use the washroom 3 times, and to eat. I was done before 10:00 p.m. so it took me a little longer than expected.

That said, the book was fantastic, and I will probably re-read it to catch all the little details I might have missed because I was going through the book so quickly.

Oh, and my most memorable moments of the book: (SPOILERS - highlight to see the text)

* When Harry looks into the pensieve and gets the full story on Snape
* When Dumbledore's conversation with Snape reveals that he had loved Lily Potter to the point of taking on her Patronus doe; I thought his courage was touching (I cried; it moved me)
* When Ron returns after abandoning ship and Hermione gives him the worst time for it; I do the same immature sort of thing to Hubbs as she does in giving him the cold treatment ;)
* When Lupin and Tonks die together (I cried; it was a sad memorable moment)
* When Dudley half-compliments Harry - redemption!
* Neville's courageous last act against the final Horcrux, brandishing his sword
* Albus' brother and his covert assistance to the Order
* Narcissa Malfoy and her redemptive act in helping Harry

Though this was definitely the darkest book in the series, I enjoyed it as much (possibly more) than I enjoyed OOTP and Half-Blood Prince. I think the books have improved from the first to the last, possibly because they became darker and more mature in their themes. The only thing I really disliked was the epilogue, mostly because I have biases against ruining the ending of books with follow-up. That said, I understand why Rowling did it and I am glad she did not leave much room for others to continue the Harry Pottery story.


Book Rating: 10 / 10 Awesome & Riveting

1 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm so glad you liked it!!!! I can't leave all the comments I want to because I don't want to be a spoiler in your comments but I loved what you had to say! WLFG and a former blogger Jaclyn have been emailing Potter talk back and forth. Send me an email if you want to be in on it.