Friday, July 20, 2007

In Honor of Harry

Are you a fan? Come on, surely you are! I am a huuuuuuuuuge fan, and have devoured all 6 current books at least once (in some cases, 3 times). I am impressed with Rowling's vivid imagery, which tells me she spent a lot of time creating her magic world in her head before she sat down to pen even a single letter. It draws me into the story, immerses me in the fantastical world of house elves and magic paintings and flying broomsticks and oral spells, and allows me to escape and follow Harry through his exciting journey through adolescence. With every novel the series gets a little more mature, a little darker, and a lot more exciting. In my mind, Book 4 was the turning point and that marked the start of my favourite books of the series. That is, until now.

Starting tomorrow, when I get my warm little paws on the Deathly Hallows (I pre-ordered, didn't you?), I will probably proclaim it to be my favourite book. Yes, I have read some of the spoilers, and apparently there is an epilogue (and if there is, I won't like it. I dislike epilogues as a general rule). That aside, I am certain this will be the darkest, most mature, and most exciting book yet. I can't wait.

To mark the release of the book, and the end of the Harry Potter series, I am going to do a little HP meme (thanks to With Love, Fat Girl). Enjoy, and happy reading on this hot and stormy weekend! =)

1. Butterbeer or Pumpkin Juice? I think butterbeer. It must be a creamier version of real beer, or else a milder one at any rate.

2. What's your wand? Crystallized Ebony with Swarovski Crystals

3. What would be your Hogwarts house? Hufflepuff

i'm in hufflepuff!

be sorted @ nimbo.net

4. If you were an animagus, which animal would you be? A portly little hedgehog. :)

5. Which character do you resemble best? Cho Chang. :) Easy.

6. What position would you play at Quidditch? Keeper. I am good at defensive guarding, not so much at scoring. That said, I'm slow. I should probably stay on the sidelines and cheer.

7. Pet? Hedwig, Jr. I like snowy owls best, but I prefer the younger ones.

8. Which teacher is your favourite? Prof. McGonagall and Firenze

9. What would your patronus be? A phoenix.

10. Which disgusting Bertie Bott's every flavoured bean would you be willing to try? None of them. Gross.

11. Which Hogwarts room would you love to visit? Dumbledore's office.

12. Favourite Harry Potter moment? I don't have a favourite one, but I did enjoy reading about the formation of Dumbledore's Army, and how Harry had to teach the less-skilled students how to use various spells. It was so conspiratorial....loved it!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

What a great meme for today! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow. Chicago mail is really unreliable. I'm a total Gryffindor! I had been sorted there once before but I figured I would try again. Still my place. The hat doesn't make mistakes.

Wobbly*Bits said...

I've read and enjoyed all the books, but I'm not a loyal fan, sadly. I need to re-read the books because I've seen some spoilers and don't get it or remember half the characters outside the main 3 kids. I'll definitely read the last one though! I'll wait a while for it. I've heard it's wonderful of course, from people who got it at midnight Friday and read straight through.

I've never felt that kind of passion for anything. Isn't that a bit sad?

Pumpkin juice just sounds absolutely delicious to me! Butterbeer seems like it'd be too sweet for my liking, like liquid butterscotch candy by my emagination.

What I wish most was that I could diapparate and apparate or however you spell it. Sweet.

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Thanks for doing the meme!!! Did you finish the book, and if you did, what did you think???

Mrs. Loquacious said...

I did not officially start the book yet (saving it for my camping trip this weekend) but I did flip through the book and watched Rowling read it on Youtube. I am not a big fan of epilogues so I was disappointed to see one, though I understand its necessity in putting the series to bed.

That said, I know this one will be my fave. I like them dark.