Friday, July 13, 2007

If I was a boy,....

...and I liked beer, I would totally buy this:


This is a beer-bot. A beer-cooling/storing/serving robot. It apparently only works with cans, and costs about $800US, but I suppose if you were a beer-guzzling dude with a lot of extra cash on your hands, this would be a great gadget to buy.

I found out about this beer-bot at Uncrate.com. It, along with its sister site, Outblush.com, reminds me on a daily basis why I need to be rich and what gre
at stuff I cannot afford to buy. Actually, that's only partially true, because sometimes they feature cheap cool gadget-gear too, like this sponge holder that I actually *did* buy:


and the lesser version of this camping set:


and of course Hubbs got the KRAZR and I got the Sony Ericsson W810 (a lesser version of this phone).

I don't know if the sites inspire me to shop or simply validates my choices. Either way, it definitely reminds me that there are tons of cool things out there for me to spend my Hubbs' hard-earned dollars on! ;)



7 comments:

With Love, Fat Girl said...

But aren't the beer guzzlers who drink it out of cans known to be the... less fortunate? Common stereotype I know, but they could hardly afford a gadget so 'spensive. Really, the best beer comes from bottles!

Mrs. Loquacious said...

WLFG - The stereotype may be true, except I have a bro-in-law that is an exception to the rule and I'm pretty sure he would freak to have a toy like this.

The bottles are definitely better than the cans, both for phallic effect (when consumed by women) and also for taste. ;)

Steven R said...

Tsk, tsk. You aren't thinking like a man. This is what men really want: http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/12/nyko-wii-party-station-its-official-the-fun-has-begun/

Ontario Emperor said...

The three plus minute time that it takes to pour the beer is a real negative. I don't think a lot of guys will wait that long - the whole instant gratification thing, you know. Thanks for the tip.

Wobbly*Bits said...

Um, I need it. I like beer. Gimme. I'm just like $799 short.

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Steven - Okay, your gadget is cool too. Who knew they'd invent beer gadgets related to the Wii? Do they have any Wii gadgets for women?

OE - You're right, too. Most guys are about instant gratification, so I suppose this is going to be marketed for the man who is so lazy that the 3-minute wait is worth his not having to do the pouring himself. I'm sure such men exist since this gadget was in high demand for a while.

Wobbly - You're the first girl I know who is such a huge beer fan. :) I think that is very cool, and if you save your pennies maybe one day you can buy this Robobeerbot! :P

Natalie said...

I am not an enormous beer fan, although I have been known to drink plenty. I am, however, a robot fan. I want one.