Friday, June 29, 2007

I Am the Ultimate Narcissist

Exhibit A: my penchant for using memes on my blog, especially more than once a week. :) Thanks WLFG for the open tag! :)

The rules are simple. There are 9 questions (3², each of which has 3 answers, to give a total of 27, or 3³. The whole point is that the questions are somewhere between eclectic, banal and downright bizarre, so that you can answer completely truthfully without actually giving much away. Just put down the first three answers that come to mind if you can’t work out the “most appropriate” three.

Objects Within One Metre Of You

1. My round hair brush
2. A calculator
3. My Bible


First Names of People You Sat Next To At School

1. Mandy. She was my best friend in Kindergarten.
2. Julie. She was my high school study partner in the Brainiac Club, and also a friendly rival for top marks.
3. Jena. We wrote notes and made fun of people in junior high.

Programs You Won’t Watch

1. The Bachelor - the gimmick has gotten so old.
2. Big Brother - same reason as above.
3. WWE - I don't like the fake drama that is obviously geared to a testosterone-heavy audience.

Favourite Trivial Pursuit Categories
(Okay, I don't actually play this game, so this is based on what I *think* I would most prefer from the Trivial Pursuit Disney game)
1. Heroes & Heroines
2. Once Upon a Time
3. Monsters & Villains


Superpowers You’d Like To Have

1. The ability to wiggle my nose and have the apartment clean itself.
2. The power to change my appearance/visibility/weight/hairstyle at will.
3. The power to travel back and forth in time.

Newspapers, Magazines or Periodicals Read Regularly
(I don't actually read newspapers or periodicals, but here are the top celeb gossip blogs I read).
1. Laineygossip.com

2. Dlisted.com
3. Perezhilton.com

Songs You Dislike

1. Don't Cha - Pussycat Girls
2. Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne
3. Red Red Wine - UB40

Blog Posts of Your Own That You’d Recommend

Okay, even *I* am not that narcissistic. Read whichever ones you want.

And tag whoever you want, too.

Happy Friday!!

5 comments:

Ontario Emperor said...

I played along. The fun part was jotting down the first things that came to my head. Upon further reflection I'd probably choose different blog posts...

Ontario Emperor said...

Oh, and here are my thoughts on your answers:

Isn't your computer within one metre of you? I don't have a Bible within 25 miles of here, but I do have access to the Bible Gateway web site (I need to donate to them).

I enjoyed the first season of US Big Brother, the one that everyone else hated. I watched the second and third seasons, then began to slack off. By season 5, or was it season 6, I saw part of one episode in which twins were switching places. I didn't bother to watch the US Celebrity Big Brother, especially when I heard that Boogie and Dr. Evil were trying to relive their Chill Town days.

I like UB40's "Red Red Wine," but I did get bent out of shape when someone referred to it as the best reggae song ever. I'm sorry, but anyone who doesn't acknowledge Bob Marley as the champion of the genre should be condemend to listen to..."Pleasure Little Treasure." (Don't know enough Pussycat or Avril songs to venture an opinion on your other choices.)

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Thanks for playing OE! :)

My comp is indeed within inches of me, but I thought that was too self-evident to state! ;)

I think I watched most of one season of Big Brother way way back, but it was so unimpressive that I don't remember much about it, except that I thought Julie Chen was annoying.

UB40 is NOT reggae, and I think that song gets overplayed (hence my intense dislike for it).

Oberon said...

.......you have such a good blog.....if you want a good vacuum.....the best i've found is an oreck!......you'll see.

albaƱil said...

Hola, puedes visitar mi blog?
http://albail.blogspot.com/
Gracias