Monday, June 25, 2007

City of Awesome....My Own Monday Meme


As many of you know, my Hubbs turned the big 3-0 last Friday. To mark this momentous occasion, we took a little trip to our favourite city, Vancouver. We relaxed, we ate, and we celebrated. The trip was fantastic, with some interesting "highlights," and Hubbs and I both enjoyed ourselves immensely.

Here's my recap in meme form:


1. Number of days in Vancouver: 3
2. Number of hours attempting to get Internet at the hotel: 2.5
3. Number of restaurants visited: 5
4. Number of visits to Paul's Omelettry: 3

5. Number of times we had ice cream: 2
6. Number of times Hubbs "relaxed" on benches and nearly fell asleep: 2


7. Number of gifts Hubbs received from moi: 6
8. Number of night markets we visited: 2
9. Number of pounds I probably gained: 5

10. Number of articles of clothing purchased for me: 4
11. Number of articles of clothing purchased for Hubbs: 2
12. Number of our floor in the hotel: 29

13. Number of times we visited the whirlpool: 1 (unfortunately)
14. Number of knock-off Transformers Hubbs got from the market: 15
15. Number of minutes we spent swinging on a playground swing: 40
16. Number of pieces of seafood on our 3-tiered feast: 100 (I'm guessing...it was FREAKIN' HUGE)


17. Number of times we said we wished we could move to Van right away: 100 billion

Here are a few pics of the trip...and some of me in my funky awesome glasses:


Fin.


8 comments:

janeylynne said...

You two are totally adorable and those glasses rock! and that seafood looks divine...wish we had a city like that somewhere near us. Looks like fun!

Cristina :) said...

lmfao @ the last one! too cute! You are cute as always and it looks like a great time. SOOOO love your glasses and they suit you way better than they would ever suit me :) LOVE THEM! Glad you had a good time hon! MORE TRANSFORMERS??? Is there a 12 step program for that?? ;)

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Thanks, JL and Cristina! I really love my glasses and now I'm not ashamed to walk out in public with them! :)

The seafood was incredible...always best on the coast!

And unfortunately, no 12-step program has yet been invented for Transformer fanatics. At least these knock-offs were cheap, though! :P

Natalie said...

You guys are adorable and look like you are having a wonderful time. I tagged you but I haven't posted it yet. It will be posted very soon and then you can smile and be happy.

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Awesome glasses, awesome happiness, and you two are just the cutest ever! Vancouver is pretty awesome, especially at this time of year when it's not raining all the time!

(And thanks for the birthday wishes you sent me yesterday... you rock!)

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Thanks WLFG and Nat, on your compliments! :) Now that Hubbs & I have nearly matching glasses (they are a different brand I swear!) we look like we match all the time! :) Truth is, we *do* match most of the time, b/c I pick out his clothes...but still, it's "couplewear" and that makes ppl either groan or awwwww at our nauseating cuteness. :)

Van is awesome, and my blog friends are awesome too! You guys are the best encouragers around! :)

The Doc said...

Looks like a fabulous trip! I'm drooling just looking at that three-tiered seafood feast. I'm glad you had a good time. Although, as a geeky guy, I must give a little cheer for Justice getting more Transformers! WOO! TRANSFORMERS!

Catherine_Jane said...

Cheers to dragging me out for breakfast before my usual hours of consciousness! This resulted in not only good company and a nice omelette, but as we were walking to meet my parents after Steve and I finally found new couches for our condo!