Thursday, May 17, 2007

Sassy!

So, did I mention that I got myself some new glasses? These are a bit of a departure from my usual, wire-rimmed conservative look. They're sexy and sassy and completely hot, and they're plastic frames (which normally don't work on my bridgeless schnoz but these come with nosepads!). My smokin' new frames look like this:
Unfortunately, I don't have my glasses in my possession just yet. You see, my optician and I both failed to read the fine print that says that the nosepads are "available" with the frames (meaning they don't come on the frames by default). He ordered in the snazzy frame, only to discover (upon my arrival for the fitting) that the crucial ingredient to pulling these frames off on my flat Asian face was distinctly missing.

Well, we solved the mystery and I get my nosepad-laden frames next week. In the meantime, though, I wanted to wear new glasses to stave off the disappointment of not having my actual sexy ones ready. The optician just so happened to have the same frame, WITH nosepads, in a different shade. So, in uber-sassy, colour-clash fashion, I have been sporting these frames for the past few days:
Yes, these are turquoise glasses with brown accents. Yes, conservative little ol' me is sporting these specs. I have to admit, with them on I feel a little more sassy than usual, and a little more conspicuous. I think I draw more attention, too, although from my shopping experiences so far, these have been favourable friendly experiences rather than looks of disgust or horror. I have to admit, I'm having fun with the glasses, not unlike how brunettes have fun when they dye their hair a fun and unconventional red or blonde hue.

So whaddaya think about crazy coloured glasses vs. sexy black? Are you a funky glasses sort of person or do you tend to stick with more conservative frames and colours?

ADDENDUM: My optical store is obviously far more efficient that most service-providing places I've been used to, so I did not expect the pleasant surprise of having my sexy black frames arrive on site a mere 2 days after I had written this post. I eagerly rushed over to the store just hours after getting the call, and switched from my crazy blue frames to my more sexy black ones. I *love* these black frames, thank you everyone for your feedback, and I definitely feel more "at home" in these than with the blue ones. Hubbs hasn't been able to tear his eyes away from me either, so I take it he likes my new specs as well! ;)

10 comments:

vien said...

Woo Mrs L, I like both, but
'Bring sexy black'. More sophisticted, people tend to take it more seriously and it's more you.

Natalie said...

I love both pairs! They are super hot. I think the black is better for everyday though.

The Doc said...

Whew, tough call. I think for you personally (since I know you so well), I think you should stick with the black ones, but I bet the coloured ones are fun to take for a spin. As for me, when I get my new glasses (in a year or so), I'm going to try and branch out and go for something a little more funky. I need more funk in my life!

(Aside: the last five letters in my word verification spelled my name! CREEPY!)

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Vien - I agree. The black is definitely more "me" and for the life of me I just can't pull off that funky Boho vibe ;)

Nat - Thanks, I think they're hot too! For sure the black ones match everything I own, so they do work better on a daily basis.

Doc - sorry about the creepy word verification...NOT under my control! ;) I had fun with the blue ones but I'm definitely far happier with these black ones, and I would love to see you funkdify your eyewear too! Maybe you could also debeard? I don't think I've seen you bare-faced, actually... what does Blue think of that?

vien said...

cool about the good service! Maybe time for a new blogger profile pic to show off those new frames. ;)

The Doc said...

What, you don't like the beard? Come on, Mrs. L., if you and my mother and The Peach and the rest of them get organized, I'll be in a lot of trouble here! ...wait, I probably shouldn't have said that...

Cristina :) said...

Do you have a pic of you in them? What brand are those girl? STRANGLY they look EXACTLY like the pair I almost got last time I went shopping for glasses!!!!! I ended up in another pair that broke and I took them back and had so much trouble with the insurance, I gave up and I am *STILL* in my old ones!! :( Going back this month for another pair since my insurance is yearly for new glasses. IT HAS BEEN A YEAR...but those are the frames!!!! :) LOL toooo funny!

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Pics are coming...I'm slow, ok?

Cristina - they are ProDesign Denmark frames. Just about the only plastic frames that can fit my wide flat Asian face! :P

You can find them at: www.prodesigndenmark.com

Cristina :) said...

Those *are* the same ones!!! LMFAO!!

Great minds think alike, huh?

Mrs. Loquacious said...

We have great minds! *hugs*