Monday, March 19, 2007

Stilettos

How do people do it? By it, I mean wear (without limping or twisting ankles) stilettos to work...at a school...teaching kids all day. It is true. In my present placement, I have witnessed the incredible feats of full-day-stiletto-walking accomplished by secretaries and teachers alike. We're not even talking about fat heels, either; we're talking 2"+ sexy, skinny, step-on-a-toe-and-break-it heels.

I stand amazed by these skilled walkers, because I cannot do it. I tried once, one day, to wear a fatter 1.5" heel for a full school day, and by lunch time I was already thinking about full-foot amputations.

Can anyone teach me to wear these sky-high shoes and not blisterize my poor feet? Style and attractiveness are noble goals of mine for fashionable classroom attire, but I am limited by my aching feet!



4 comments:

Ontario Emperor said...

I don't understand how anyone can wear any heel, fat or thin.

Natalie said...

The big thing is to find a shoe that fits well and is comfortable. Natualizer would maybe be a good place to start. Then you have to walk differently in a hel to keep the balance and pressure on the right parts of the foot. The most effective walk is to place your feet one in front of the other vs. next to each other as you would in flats. It also gives a nice swish to the walk. Otherwise get some cushy insoles and then your feet will be fine. I teach in heels but only have certain pairs that I will teach in. Others are better for just sitting at the desk most of the day.

Anonymous hubbs said...

I think you are plenty stylish and attractive already!!

superstarjo said...

I do it all the time at work. Buy well-made shoes (i.e. Nine West) and practice at home first.

Took me about 4 months to work my way up to full-day stamina in heels. Now I can't live without them!