Saturday, March 31, 2007

Raisin Bread

Whoever invented raisin bread should be given a medal or a reward or something. Raisin bread rocks! It's sweet and tasty but it can also be toasted and buttered (low-fat Becel) to make it a delicious after-school snack *or* an early morning, quickie breakfast.

Sure, the protein content is a little bit low, and the sugar content is a little bit high, and there is simple-carbohydrate white flour in there too, but boy does the stuff taste good!

I'm currently limiting my intake to 2 slices a day. Otherwise I could easily eat the loaf over the course of a day.

So that is my new food obsession of the day, along with grilled cheese sandwiches (gluten-free, high-fibre bread with low-fat processed cheese and fried in light Becel...YUM!).



10 comments:

Wobbly*Bits said...

I have no idea what this light Becel stuff is, but now I am on a mission to find it!

Natalie said...

I love rasin bread. It has been far too long since i have had the chance to enjoy it. MMMMM. I love your new picture! You look adorable.

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Wobbly - Becel Light is a type of margarine that is trans-fat free and lower-fat/cal. It tastes good, though, and way better than that "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" crap.

Natalie - Thanks for the compliment! My Hubbs chose that pic for my profile :) And yeah, I'm eating my quota in raisin bread again today!

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Hi honey, try a grilled cheese sandwich made from raisin bread and bocconcini cheese!

And please stay away from Becel, I've been sitting in on a nutrition class and the stuff is poison for you!

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Oh and in case you don't know, I added you to my blogroll, at last!

Mrs. Loquacious said...

What's wrong w/Becel Light or Becel Olive Oil?! :S

And the raisin bread grilled cheese with boccocini idea makes me head spin. Really? Is it good? Sounds decadently rich and delicious. Almost *too* delicious! ;)

Justice~! said...

The mere suggestion of raisin bread and boccocini almost *guarantees* my wife will try it this weekend. =)

With Love, Fat Girl said...

Bocconcini cheese has such a subtle taste to it that it goes well with anything, especially a sweet bread like raisin bread. If you want some extra kick, add a dollop of honey in there too before you put it on the pan or panini press.

Becel everything is bad for you due to the chemicals in there. Did you know that margarine was initially invented as a cheap butter substitute for French troops during one of the major world wars, and doesn't have a single dairy ingredient in it?! Stay away! Go for the real stuff!

Catherine_Jane said...

Better yet, cut butter out of your diet altogether... you'll never miss it!

Justin said...

The famed author of "Walden", Henry David Thoreau, invented raisin bread. Also, November is National Raisin Bread Month.