Monday, March 05, 2007

Cross Contamination...or Reinfection...or Whatever You Call It


Hubbs is sick. I've never seen him so sick in the whole time I've known him, but he looked and sounded *brutal* last night. His voice was shot, his nose was a raw crimson shade, and his sneezes were so violent that in the aftermath his biceps actually hurt.

I think I made him sick. And I think he's now making me sick. And I might make him sick again. It is an ugly, ugly cycle when you live with someone in a small place where you're not allowed to open the windows in winter, and one of you falls ill, because inevitably the other one does, too. Then, the second person to get sick manages to re-infect the initial sick person, and so on and so forth it continues.

Hubbs was up until 4:00 am last night because I think he was having hot flashes and then cold spells. He was also dizzy at one point, sneezy and runny-nosed throughout the night, and generally not feeling fabulous. His ears hurt at one point, and he also mentioned a killer headache at another. The guy is a walking poster-boy for a bad cold and cough, and yet he still insists on working (from home, of course - wouldn't want to spread the viral love to the entire office!). His drug of choice, Neo Citran, is his only saving grace right now...and that stuff doesn't even work that well (unless, of course, you're on the hunt for a lovely Asian wife, in which case it worked great for him already!).

I sincerely hope he gets better, both for selfish reasons (not wanting to get sick again) and unselfish ones (poor guy is miserable...and I don't want him to feel like garbage again, especially on a night when 24 is on!).

You can send your well-wishes to his email and cheer up my poor, ailing Hubbs. I'm sure he'd appreciate lots and lots of sympathy and TLC...and maybe some chicken soup, cuz I don't know how to make that stuff!


5 comments:

superstarjo said...

Chicken soup:

Cut up two large carrots, two celery stalks and one medium onion. Brown in 1 Tbsp. of oil on medium-high heat until softened, about 7 minutes. Add 1 L of chicken stock and 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of dried sage (to taste). Add 2 cups of cooked chicken and simmer uncovered on low heat, for 1 hour.

For a creamier soup, omit 1 cup of chicken stock and substitute half-and-half.

I agree, Jubbles was looking pretty rough last night. I suggest you take some Cold FX, Mrs. L. It will minimize the cold that you're going to inevitably get from him.

Wobbly*Bits said...

Oooo, the chicken soup sounds good. I mean, sounds like too much effort for me to make it, but if someone made it for me, I'd eat it.

Catherine_Jane said...

Where are you?

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Who are you asking, CJ?

As for me, I am recovering from my sinus infection...slowly...and will commence blogging again when my head (and sinuses) clear! ;)

Anonymous said...

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-internet31mar31,0,4064392.story?coll=la-home-headlines

You're next, bitch.