Wednesday, February 07, 2007

What Day Is Today? Oh Right, the First Day of the Rest of My Life...Sort Of

I feel like a new woman. A FREE woman. A woman who can taste and laugh and live and enjoy again. Why? I just wrote my last exam to the last course that I will need to take to graduate!!!

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!


Now I just have to successfully and dazzlingly complete my practicum and I'll be well on my way to the cap and gown and scroll and hopefully, job once m
ore. And that thrills me a lot.

You see, I do not teach because I want to be rich. I do not teach because I want to be powerful or in control, or have cool holidays in the summer. I teach b
ecause I have a passion for young people and for watching and helping them to grow and to learn and to make sense of this crazy world and all its crazy information. It energizes me to be in the classroom, to guide and direct and nurture and support and encourage and be blessed in return. And I miss that part of my former life immensely; I still dream about my former students and I think about them every so often and I wonder if they feel as though I have made any difference in their lives and whether they know they have made such a big difference in mine.

So it is with much excitement and joy that I return to the calling that I love, and that I am purposed to be at. My mind is filled with all sorts of pedagogical theory and sometimes I worry about how well I will be able to put all these wonderful principles and ideas into practice, but I can't help but think that I will figure it out and things will fall into place because I already stand out from some of my peers in that I want to be in that classroom, I want to be around those little people, and I enjoy the life that is a teacher's life, both inside and outside of the classroom.

I am so proud to be entering into this profession officially. Finally!

May your job and your profession give you the same thrill that mine offers me, and may you be refreshed and renewed as you enter into it again today or tomorrow! :)




**Clip art licensed from the Clip Art Gallery on DiscoverySchool.com

2 comments:

Justice~! said...

I'm really proud of you hon. I'm definitely excited for you as well.

Natalie said...

Congrats. The world needs more teachers with the kind of passion you have.