Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A Full Tummy and a Full Heart


Happy V-Day, folks! I had a wonderful, relatively commercial-free Lover's Day with Hubbs, and count myself as the luckiest girl in the world.

You see, my wonderful man made me dinner, which is pretty huge considering he has only cooked for me formally on one other occasion, early on in our dating history. Since then, I've been more of the culinary artiste, and him the epicurean taster. Well, today the roles got reversed.

He planned the menu and made me an appetizer of prosciutto-wrapped scallops with pesto mayonnaise, followed by an entree of sauteed giant prawns and scallops and capellini in a pesto sauce (yes, his ingredients of choice were pesto and seafood). For dessert we had Skor ice cream, which was not homemade but that's okay because I wanted ice cream anyway.

Overall, it was a delicious and rich meal that filled me up, and the dining experience was made all the more special because it was Hubbs who did all the shopping, cooking, and cleaning.

I was not a total ingrate either; I did give him two chocolate treats and two very mushy V-day cards. However, I do submit that this day was more a blessing and a treat for me than for him.

Hope your Feb. 14th was as special as mine! :)



2 comments:

Ontario Emperor said...

My wife was not feeling well on the 14th, but she made me breakfast early on the morning of the 15th before I went to work. I was happy. :)

Natalie said...

Great dinner! I had coffee heath bar ice cream which is a lot kile a skor. MMMMM I wanted it too.