Thursday, January 11, 2007

You Never Know What You Have Until You Lose It

It's really not as dramatic as it sounds. I'm talking about sleep, and sleeping in. During my previous life as a student (as in, last term), I only had classes on Mondays and Wednesdays, which left me free and clear to sleep in on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, not to mention schedule massage appointments, volunteer, and do extra shopping.

That luxury is gone, and oh how I miss it dearly. Nowadays, I have class from 9:30ish until 2:00ish every day of the week, plus since it is a condensed term, I have the same classes each day but they're more intensive than the 4-month ones, which translates into more reading and homework than what would otherwise be had in a 4-week period of a 4-month term.

I miss my old life, and sleeping in. I wake up tired and go to bed tired now. Plus, with our new workout routine, I'm in the gym 5 times a week, too, so I'm extra tired. Oh, and we also started experimenting with a newer eating menu, which means more cooking for Mrs. Loquacious in the precious few minutes each day that she has to spare.

My only highlight of January? 24:Day 6 starts on Sunday.






4 comments:

S said...

The real world sucks don't it!

Wobbly*Bits said...

I wanna be back in school!!!!!! Meh, the grass is always greener I s'pose.

janeylynne said...

9:30-2:00?? I wish those were the hours I kept in college! I wake up pretty early now, but I don't have homework at night either...guess it's kind of a fair trade. ;)

Ridley Thunder said...

Graham: "You're hurtiiing me"
Jack: "Trust me...I'm not"

I'm giddy!