Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Art Schmart

This course is slowly killing me and sucking away the entirety of my available time, but I am rediscovering my love of art through taking a methods course in Art.

Art is in everything, you know. And it is precisely these daily things, seen and represented in new ways, that captures and holds our attention.

So far, I've done some sketching (see Hubbs' blog for an example, though I don't think it's very good), watercolour painting, Photoshopping, photography, and drawing. I'll be working on some headline poetry (poetry made out of newspaper word clippings) later today and tomorrow, plus I'm starting my clay mask today as well. Fun, eh? It's a class like no other, I tell you; there is music playing, we're chit chatting, and we are using our hands to create rather than just to regurgitate what is being presented to us. I love the ownership I have over my projects, and I love the kinesthetic experience. I also love how each product created by the different students in the class are like little windows into their being, and that no two projects are remotely the same.

These things that make me excited to go to art a
re the very things I am hoping to establish in my art classroom. I feel so inspired and challenged! =)

Anyway, if you're wondering why I have been MIA in the blogging world, blame the art. It has become a bit of an obsession. ;)




4 comments:

Justice~! said...

Speaking as your husband, I think your artwork is amazing - I never actually knew you had that kind of artistic talent until you started drawing and painting over the last couple of weeks. Makes me pretty lucky! Though I am biased...

Vanilla Con said...

Did you make that floral arrangement as well?

Mrs. Loquacious said...

No no, I only did the drawing on Hubbs' site, and the self-portrait of my eyes. The shoe was someone else's work and the flowers were from St. Albert market (remember, you were there with me?!).

I will post my work after I have submitted it all and it has all been marked. Until then, I am holding off.

But thanks for the compliment; my art abilities do not extend to floral arrangements...yet.

Wobbly*Bits said...

oooo, can't wait to see some of your art!