Saturday, January 06, 2007

And 5 More Things You Didn't Want to Know About Me

Darn you, Catherine Jane, for blog-tagging me!! My heavy sense of web-guilt means that I am forced to respond, even though many of the visitors to this blog have probably already been subject to my other "8 Things" post.

In order to keep it less-yawn-worthy for those of you who already know me, I'm going to change it up a bit. Instead of talking about 5 things you don't know about me, I'm going to tell you about 5 things that I recently purchased or acquired as a gift, that I think is awesome.

1) KitchenAid polypropylene cutting board - It's easy to clean and doesn't dull my knives or get cut up by them. The rubber grips mean that the board doesn't slide around the counter, either. It's honestly the only cutting board I will ever need, and I love it!

2) Pampered Chef Santoku Knife - It's a professional all-purpose knife, so it is weighted at the handle. It cuts through everything (so far) amazingly well with far less effort than my other knives have required. This knife totally makes me want to chop things up (like veggies that I don't eat, or chicken breast). The only thing that is remotely bad about this knife is that it needs honing every so often to keep it sharp, and in my paranoia to maintain its performance I think I may be over-honing.

3) Kiehl's Supremely Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover - It's only available in the city at Holt Renfrew (an arguably expensive, excessive, pretentious place, I know, but I really wanted this product and was willing to endure the haughty glances from other shoppers / salespeople in order to get it!). This remover takes off more make-up than any other product I've ever used, plus my eyes don't sting or bother me after I'm done, even if I'm still wearing my lenses! It comes in lotion format, which makes it far more smooth and easy-to-use than the clear liquid variety of eye-make-up removers. I look forward to removing my make-up at night now!

4) 450-Thread Count Bedsheets - I don't think I can ever go back to cheap thread-bare sheets now that I've slept on heavenly higher-thread-count linens. These are among the nicest sheets we own right now, but if I have things my way, we'll be adding to our collection of bedding very very soon, and you can bet that everything will be at least 450-thread counts or higher from here on in. The bed just feels a ton more comfortable (and firm) when the sheets are thicker, I swear.

5) M.A.C. Lustreglass Lip Gloss - Okay, so maybe I have been using this for a little while so it's not quite a new acquisition. My little sis introduced me to it when I got my first tube for Christmas last year, and since then I've been buying this all the time! Lustreglass is essentially a shiny lip gloss that has very little tint to it, but smells like vanilla and enhances the lipstick colour you're already wearing. I use the "Love Nectar" shade, and I thought the product was so kick-a$$ that as stocking stuffers I bought each of my sisters a different shade for Christmas this year.

So, those are 5 great things I recently got. =)

And instead of tagging anyone specifically and subjecting them to the same web-guilt that I have been ridden with, I am going to tag EVERYONE and ANYONE who reads this blog, so if you wish to respond on your blog with either a) 5 Interesting Things People Didn't Know About You or b) 5 Awesome Things You Recently Got, then feel free! =)




5 comments:

Natalie said...

I am jealous of your cutting board, knife, and sheets (well not as much I recently upgraded too). I don't knwo how to wear makeup so the others, not as much. Cutting board and knife are too awesome!

Mrs. Loquacious said...

I love my cutting board and knife. My sister thought they were awesome, too, the other day when she was over chopping onions and jalepenos for me. She's a nice sis :)

The key to a good knife: regular consistent honing.

Wobbly*Bits said...

This is totally, 100% off topic, but when I was 13 I had to wear a back brace for scoliosis and it was made of polypropylene.

I coulda been a cutting board...

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Back brace...scoliosis...that reminds me of a Judy Blume book, called Deenie.

Have you ever read it? It was among my favourite books as a fifth grader, even though I thought the reading level of the book was more like Grade 3. =D

Wobbly*Bits said...

I didn't read it! I should look it up. What a horrific time in my life, hah! I used to beg my parents to "let" me get major surgery on my spinal cord to avoid wearing a brace.

Makes a great cutting board though!