Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Preparing for a Stuffing

I realize that for most people, the highlight of Christmas food is the turkey, or the ham, or the various baked sweets that accompany the holiday. Not me, though. The highlight of Christmas food for me is in the stuffing.

Yep, the stuffing. My dad's stuffing, my in-law's stuffing, their friend's stuffing. ANY stuffing.

I am gearing up for some good stuffing this holiday season, and as I wait in eager anticipation for it, I am starting a bit early by making myself some Stove Top. Not fancy, I realize, but it's decent, and after this, every other stuffing I consume will be even more kick-ass.

Bring on the stuffing, and bring on Christmas! I am ready! (Well, except for the presents, but that is a whole other story...)




6 comments:

Vien said...

I love love stuffing too! And the cranberries, only with turkey though.

Natalie said...

I also really like stuffing. I like making it and eating it. I like everything about it. Maybe I should venture into different kinds of stuffing but I have the old mushroom standby so far.

Wobbly*Bits said...

Cornbread stuffing....God I love food.

superstarjo said...

Even though I`m doing the turkey this year, Dad has volunteered to do the stuffing. I think he thinks that I`ll screw it up if I`m left to my own devices!

Ontario Emperor said...

To be honest, turkey itself is not all that hot. But stuffing is good, mashed potatoes are good, and pumpkin pie is heaven.

Mrs. Loquacious said...

I didn't even know there were *different* kinds of stuffing until last Christmas, when we had 2 types at my in-laws'. It was heavenly!

Superstar - I think you'll find that Dad will end up doing all of it this year because he has issues relinquishing his title.

OE - I agree. The desserts and the sides always overshadow the bird.

Wobbly - I love food too. So does my waistline.

Natalie - why can't I comment on your blog?! Your visual verification isn't showing up properly...grr....