Monday, December 18, 2006

My Life Is Awesome Again


I finished my exams!!!! Now, it's time to enjoy Christmas and spend quality time with my family and my Hubbs, and eat until I get fat(-ter), and listen to carols 24-7, and bake, and shop, and lounge lazily in the mornings.

My life is awesome. Don't be jealous; I'm sure yours is too.


But one of the reasons why mine is awesome is because I have incredible in-laws; they're the type I could hang out with for several evenings/days in a row and not grow weary or annoyed with, and they're fun, and they're loving, and they're just fantastic people. In fact, a few weekends ago my mom-in-law and I went on our annual shopping trip to the craft show, and then joined up with my father-in-law and Hubbs for dinner.

I have heard of others who talk about having strained relationships with their spouse's family, of fights nearly breaking out between two sets of parents who can barely stand to be in the same room as one another, and of holidays that are filled with angst and conflict and tension. I feel for those folks, and it makes me all the more glad to have the families that I have.

My folks love my in-laws, and vice versa. In fact, my grandparents love my grandparents-in-law, and vice versa too! Over the brief few days while my parents are in town, they even plan to spend an evening dining with the in-laws. It's glorious to see everyone at peace with one another. Isn't that what Christmas is all about - peace?!?

Anyway, that's only one of many awesome things about my life. I could probably do a series of blog posts on all of them, but then I would be blogging a lot. So maybe I'll just share a few here and there.

Happy holidays and enjoy your awesome life too, k?


4 comments:

Wobbly*Bits said...

Congrats on being done with finals! Enjoy your break!

Natalie said...

Good job on finishing your exams. Enjoy the wonderful family you have, you are lucky to have them. Never let them forget it.

Wynn said...

***count your blessings, name them one by one, count your blessings, see what GOD has done...*** That's cool! funny, my mom-in-love and I used to go to a craft show once a year too! it's called "ohio mart" cool stuff, we haven't gone the last couple of years cause of our schedules, maybe next year!

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Wobbly & Natalie - thanks! =) I am loving my freedom, though it be short-lived.

Wynn - Love the "mom-in-love" phrase, and I hope you can go with yours again next year. We hope to make ours a tradition because she and I are sentimental fools at heart =) and we believe strongly in doing things because they are part of "tradition."