Saturday, November 04, 2006

Amateur Card-Maker

Ever since my sis Superstar Jo introduced me to stamping and card-making at her Stamp It Up! party, I have been thinking about making cards.

When the scholarship thing happened, it became a grand opportunity for me to begin my card-making endeavours. Here are my products (the last being an anniversary card):


This last one is my favourite (and will be going to my parents for their anniversary) but I cannot take credit for the faux flowers, which was an adornment that came with a scrapbooking kit I once received.

Anyway, I look forward to getting in my order from Stamp It Up! and to begin growing my collection of "stuff" for card-making. It's actually not a hard process but it seems a bit expensive to start.

It is a ton of fun, though, and comes highly recommended by moi! =D


2 comments:

Wobbly*Bits said...

Those are really good! Did you do the writing yourself or is that a stamp? Very impressive. I have no creative abilities. Let me know if your creations make it into a store, I'll buy them!

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Thanks Wobbly! That was a stamp, not my own cursive writing. I love stamping!! And doubtful my cards will make it into stores, cuz let's face it, I don't work well under pressure and if I was paid to perform creative work like card-making, I would probably clam up and not produce anything of worth. ;)

As for creative abilities, I am not crafty in the least, and artistically challenged. However, I did take a Stamp It Up! class and that gave me a few good starter ideas. =)