Thursday, October 05, 2006

A Simple Pleasure for A Simple Mind

As you probably guessed, I quit colouring with crayons about 2.5 decades ago; I progressed to pencil-crayons, then to felt markers, and I've never looked back. As such, I'm a tad out of touch with modern crayon technology.

Well, during class yesterday we were asked to do a teensy bit of colouring (to model a math activity we could do with future students), and were given crayons for the task.

Imagine my delight when I discovered these:


Erasable, paperwrap-free crayons! In 16 different colours!

I nearly fainted with glee. I was so thrilled to use the crayon (we were only allowed to use one colour) and to check out its erasability (which was complete - the colour disappears altogether if you use the eraser on the end of the crayon) that I deliberately coloured outside the lines a little, just so I could do some erasing and recolouring. =D

Well, I was so impressed with these fancy schmancy new Crayolas that I actually went out and bought myself a pack. I am now the proud owner of a set of fabulous crayons, and may have to take up colouring again just so I can have fun using these things.

A simple pleasure, yes, but this is what happens when I am left to my own devices during the day. ;) And besides, you'd love the crayons too if you tried them. They were only $3 at Staples, BTW. So go out and get yourself some colouring joy already!





6 comments:

Natalie said...

OH MY GOSH that sounds so cool. Now if I only had a Muppet coloring book....

Mrs. Loquacious said...

I'm telling you, I would be just as happy to colour a Sesame Street book with these crayons in my possession! They are truly wonderful, and now nobody has any excuse to be outside the lines anymore!

janeylynne said...

Amateurs! I never gave up coloring! In fact, my stepdaughter and I were both coloring in the activity pad they gave us at the restaurant we went to...okay, okay...gave HER. Still...my hubby had to tell me to stop 'cuz our food was there. hee hee I used to color a lot in college, too. It has a very soothing effect on me. I have Disney princess books, Peanuts, Rugrats...all sorts. I'll never truly grow up. :)

Mrs. Loquacious said...

It's true, I am an amateur. But after I pick up my colouring book, my skills will improve!

And I will have to see how cathartic colouring is for me - I usually prefer the now-out-of-print paint-with-water books (formerly printed by Golden Books). Those were the best. *sigh*

Ontario Emperor said...

Have fun!

I don't have permission to post it in a public place, but I have in my possession a picture of my wife and teenage daughter, both coloring while waiting for the Disneyland fireworks to begin.

Mrs. Loquacious said...

LOL. That sounds like blackmail material to me ;)