Monday, October 02, 2006

Muppet Flashbacks

Moi is such a blog idea thief! ;) Natalie was talking about Sesame Street on her recent post, and that got me thinking about my childhood TV viewing, which included the best show in the world, the Muppets, back when Jimmy Henson was the Muppet king and Disney didn't own the entertainment world.


Anyway, moi loved those two opinionated old bozos, Statler and Waldorf. They were funny, dry, and played off each other perfectly. Moi loved the way they heckled Fozzie (but not the way they abused poor Kermie sometimes), and how their skin was so thick and wrinkly that even returning insults didn't faze them.


The best character and star of the Muppets, however, was Miss Piggy. Moi thinks it's because she is just like moi - big-boned, a girly diva, ever-passionate about food and fashion and love, and possessive of her man. She was also tough and could kick some serious ass when the situation called for it ("Hi-yah!"). In all ways, moi can identify ;) Her love for her Kermie was also sincere and faithful, just like mine is for my Kermie =D

It was really neat, then, for moi to discover that my Hubbs actually loved Miss Piggy too! In fact, he owns a Miss Piggy puppet; it's falling apart a little now, since it's pretty old, but moi was still very impressed to learn that he shared a mutual affection for Piggy. =)

All the more reason for him to be my Kermie, non?






7 comments:

The Igloo Coder said...

Bwwwuuuuuhahahahahahahha! By the powers vested in me by the .NET User Group of Edmonton, I declare that, from this day forth, he be known only as Kermie!

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Um, yeah. Good luck with that, IC. ;)

Besides, don't you already have another pet name for him? He told me all about how you wouldn't stop calling him "Sexy" at Code Camp.

Justice~! said...

I declare that, from this day forth, he be known only as Kermie!

So, uh, if you're calling me Kermie, does that mean you want to be Miss Piggy? Wow, this is now the 2nd time in my life that I regret asking a question. ;)

Natalie said...

Oh I feel so happy that I inspired you to write about Muppets. Miss Piggy is certainly a badass. My heart, however, belongs to Floyd (the guitar player in The Electric Mayhem). He is just so dreamy.

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Floyd? Really? Wow...that's certainly...different! ;)

Fozzie is pretty cute too, but annoying as all get-go!

Ridley Thunder said...

ANIMAL! BEAT DRUMS!

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Oh yes...Animal! Good call, Ridley. He rocked as well =D