Sunday, October 15, 2006

Adventures in Cowtown! =D


I was absent from the blogosphere this weekend; I was with my Hubbs, having a brief last-minute getaway to Cowtown. It was originally a trip he was going to take solo, but since I heard foreboding forecasts, I felt too fearful to follow through on freeing him to face the freezing rains for himself (alliteration, anyone?).

It turned out to be a lovely weekend, complete with shopping extravaganzas, wonderful conversation with friends, fine wine sampling (at the Rocky Mountain Wine Festival), the discovery of Voyant Chai Cream Liqueur (available in Canada as of November) and delicious Mediterranean tapas at Aida's.

That I ended up tagging alone was entirely unplanned, and yet I was so very glad that I did. It made me think about whether things ever happen for "no reason" or whether every event in life, from the planned to the unpredictable, follows the course of a greater divine purpose beyond our understanding.

Hubbs' initial plans in Cowtown didn't quite work out as planned, and so, in the end he says that my being there helped salvage the trip, which would have otherwise proven rather disastrous (or at the very least, wasted); my presence made it possible for Hubbs to navigate the roads problem-free, and also ensured that he didn't starve and waste away from malnourishment on our first night there. In exchange, I got a nice new turtleneck out of the deal, plus I got to see some great friends, and we got to experience their city in a whole new light. It gave us a newfound appreciation for this neighbouring city, and brings up the possibility for us to entertain the idea of one day living there.

Was there a divine hand working behind the scenes to give me the weather-watch anxiety that eventually led to my going on the trip? I think so. And I think it was the same "big picture Thinker" who ended up blessing the trip and making it such a memorable time with people we love.

Anyway, thank God for this mini-vacation. It was a nice escape before I buckled down to study for my 3 midterms, presently scheduled for the same day two weeks from now. =S And I had a wonderful weekend, thankyouverymuch.

How was your weekend?


2 comments:

Wobbly*Bits said...

Is Cowtown a real name of a town or is this some Canadian joke? LOL!

In unrelated news: I bought a Hamilton Beach grill with removeable grill plates last night!! It was on clearance for $20 and I couldn't pass it up! I can't wait to "fire" it up! Glad I remembered your blog about them because I had never heard of it. I was also thisclose to buying the new smaller Foreman with removeable plates for $60!

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Cowtown is not the real name, but a nickname that is commonly used for this particular Stampede-loving city.

Glad you are trying Hamilton Beach out! What a deal, too! =D We love our detachable plates; now we have a very clean grill since it's not longer a chore to wash!