Monday, September 11, 2006

A New "Year" means New Stuff To Do


As a person still heavily immersed in academia, I consider that my year actually begin in September and ends in August (or April, depending on how I look at it). Strangely enough, though, others who are not so much a part of the academic world also operate by its calendar. For instance:

-My church's "Fall Kick-Off" starts in Sept.
-Our couples' group begins meeting in Sept.
-The gym's various specialty classes (like Salsasize, which I am considering signing up for if Hubbs is willing to join me) begins in Sept.


Sadly, with all this stuff going on and starting up it also means less available blogging time. =S As such, do not be alarmed if you don't hear from me for a few days; I'm around but just a little busy with readings and assignments and projects and workouts and chores and IRL social commitments, but I'll be back. =D

Oh...and did I mention that autumn is my favourite season?! YAY for Fall!






3 comments:

Ontario Emperor said...

Salsasize? Is it hot? :)

janeylynne said...

I love the fall as well. The leaves on the trees are already turning colors and there is a crispness to the air. I can't get enough of it! Yaaay Fall!

Mrs. Loquacious said...

OE - Not sure what Salsasize even is, much less if it's hot or not. But probably a bit spicy, if I had to guess ;)

Janeylynne - our trees remain green right now but I anticipate that by the end of the month I will be seeing more reds and yellows and oranges. I, too, love that cool brisk air that autumn brings; I also love the way the leaves crunch under my feet and the way that the I feel knowing Hallowe'en is around the corner. I wish I could bottle that feeling and experience it all the time, but unfortunately I am limited to those few days in the fall when this feeling is particularly pronounced.