Tuesday, August 01, 2006

So....Where Ya From?

One of the glorious things about the Internet, and specifically about blogging, is that it allows people from all over the globe to connect and communicate or play voyeur, secretly lurking and reading about the lives of other people without ever having to be seen.


Okay, so maybe that last part sounds a little creepy, but if you think about it, you will probably soon come to the realization that you do it, maybe even all the time. In fact, if you are reading this blog post right now and then decide not to comment, you wil have lurked and glimpsed inside my world/mind/life very anonymously, and in a pseudo-voyeuristic sort of way.


My Hubbs has a cool program on his blog that allows him to see where all of his visitors are coming from. He apparently has a pretty decently-sized following in New Zealand, among other places around the globe. Unfortunately, I do not have nearly the techno-savvy to attach such a program to this blog, so I wonder who is reading about my life, and I wonder who I am inadvertently "connecting" with. Which is why I want your help. I'll probably do this every couple of months, to help me track where my readers are coming from. Would you please leave me a comment and let me know where you're from? You can post "anonymously" if you don't feel comfortable exposing your identity, or you can post with your name or computer name. I don't really mind either way. I *do*, however, request that you indicate in your comments where you're from. You can give just the city, or the state/province, or the country. It's up to you.

For me, it's an incredibly neat social experiment to see just where my humble little blog is reaching, and likewise, as bloggers visit my site, so too do I often return the favour, thereby increasing both of our social networks exponentially.

Anyway, I'd appreciate if you would leave just one tag to say that you were here.






9 comments:

Doormatt said...

Matt, from Edmonton, wuz here. :)

Ridley Thunder said...

Ridley Wuz Here <------ Is a Fag

Hey, go to www.sitemeter.com and attach Site Meter to your blog. You will then see how is coming from where and to what page and what not...cool device

Mrs. Loquacious said...

Thanks Ridley! I am adding that right away (if I can figure out how!). =)

superstarjo said...

Edmonton

Ontario Emperor said...

Ontario, California.

Blogpatrol not only tells you the top ten countries that visit your blog, but also offers detailed analysis (IP addresses, etc.) of your most recent visitors.

Then again, Blogpatrol seems to have problems half the time. Don't know if Sitemeter is any better...

Mrs. Loquacious said...

I have added Google Analytics (but the reports are confusing and don't break visits down enough) and Sitemeter. We'll see if that helps.

I am enjoying the responses thus far. Keep signing, folks! Merci!

Your Hubbins~! said...

I live inside your heart!

The Doc said...

I live inside your fridge!

Mrs. Loquacious said...

That explains the missing cookies and milk! ;)