Saturday, August 19, 2006

A Newfound Love

I love farmer's markets, so decided after my trip this morn to the semi-local, seasonal outdoor market. While there with Vanilla Con and Wacky, I managed to snag myself a beautiful bouquet of fresh flowers (so fresh, in fact, that a little hard-shelled aphid was still lurking on a leaf). The bouquet was made-to-order and cost me a mere $10. See below for beauty:


As well, I got to buy a container of fresh, garlicky guacamole, lots of frozen bison meat for cheap, and some ears of sweet peaches-and-cream corn. All of these items (with the exception of the guac) were much cheaper than what I would have paid at the grocery store (we're talking nearly half price).

Finally, I discovered two cupcake shops in the city: The Cupcake Shoppe (owned and operated by friends of the Crave people), and Whimsical Cake Studio. Both companies are operating out of their homes right now, but look for them in the city sometime soon! They take large catering orders as well as little craving orders. =)

Anyway, I just wanted to brag about my great purchases today. Everything has been delicious and affordable and beautiful and I am loving my weekend.

I hope yours rocks it too! =D

0 comments: