Saturday, July 15, 2006

Airset


My Hubbs discovered this nifty little web tool called Airset and I have to tell you, it's awesome! Okay, maybe if you are a techie or you carry a Blackberry, you may not find this amazing at all. However, for me, a newbie on the tech front and a paper-and-pen appointment-keeper, this is new cutting-edge stuff!

Airset is basically an online calendar/address book/blog site/list generator/email program that can be downloaded onto mobile phones or accessed securely from any computer. It allows for multiple users to log into the same calendar, as well as provides for individual calendars, lists, etc. Admittedly, we have only been using the Calendar utility, but already I am loving the convenience of this thing!

If Hubbs has an EDMUG meeting or some geeky nerd event, he just logs in and enters his commitments into the calendar. Then, Airset will send him an email reminding him about his schedule for that date, the day before. If I need to see if we are free to attend a social engagement of some sort, I just have to log in and check to see what that date already holds. It's fabulous for helping us keep things sorted out, especially on crazy weeks when my parents visit or we want to schedule dinner with the Vinnys, or vacation with the in-laws.

Airset is free, and easy to set up and use. The application is relatively new and in constant state of improvement, so I am optimistic that only bigger and better things will come from the makers of this calendar utility in the future. Check it out, and let me know what you think!



0 comments: