Saturday, April 29, 2006

Lucky Number Slevin


On our "date night," I originally chose to see Eight Below (the G-rated based-on-a-true-story movie about two guys and eight dogs in the Antarctic), but when I realized that Lucky Number Slevin was out, I changed my mind.

I'm sure glad I did.

This movie *rocked.* I thought V for Vendetta was amazing, but I think this one was even better!

The movie is basically about a guy
who, because he's in the wrong place at the wrong time, gets caught in the conflict between two mob bosses, and has to figure a way out of his predicament. The story was incredibly well-written, and the way that the different elements of the story came together and was resolved in the end was fascinating. The plotline definitely kept Hubbs and I chatting about it on the drive home, but I won't divulge any more so as to prevent spoiling the experience for you! The movie also contained some great one-liners as well as a lot of witty, intelligent dialogue, and the humorous moments of the film actually made us laugh. I really enjoyed the way that it was filmed, as well; there were a lot of artistic camera angles that made some scenes seem clipped, but that completely added to the feel of the story rather than detracting from it.

Bottom line: Go see this movie, especially if you enjoy Tarantino-esque movies! I promise you won't be wasting your hard-earned dollars, and we are already making plans to see it again. Incidentally, Hubbs also listed this movie in his Top 10, although I am starting to think that there are more than 10 movies on his list already! ;)

PS - Do be warned; there are some violent scenes in this movie and it is definitely for adults only!

1 comments:

Ridley Thunder said...

See....I told you this movie was great!...No one belives me....sigh

Cuz orders are "ORDeeers"